Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

She's Changed Her Style


I am visiting my younger daughter and I haven't been here for several months.  Her wonderful husband is extremely handy and they have been busy remodeling their beautiful family home.  I intended to feature some of her toile fabrics for this blog.  But, surprise!! She's banished the Shabby Chic look for a beautifully serene costal style.  No toiles! I do see a few stripes, but no prints at all.  She is filling this house with the most wonderful soft colors of the sea.  

However, she does own this wonderful book, "Toiles de Jouy", and even has it on her coffee table in the living room.  It's full of great information and inspiration. 




It is authored by Judith Straeten, a fabric archivist at the iconic fabric house, Brunschwig & Fils.  She is the keeper of the antique fabric collections for the company.  She has collected this group of full page color plates of different toiles with a history of the story each depicts and the manufacters.  Gibbs Smith publishes this and many other beautiful decor books.

I'm going to be a really, really good guest, in hopes that my daughter just might give me this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...