I just got my first blogging award!!!!!!!
My friend, Carolyn from Sweet Chaos Home tagged me with the Versatile Blogger award, here.
If you haven't found Carolyn's blog yet, do yourself a favor and check it out immediately. She blogs about her beautiful home which she is lovingly caring for in the midst of raising four boys! Her banner, alone, is worth the visit when you see those sweet little bare toes among the beauty of flowers and design. You'll love it! I'm so shocked that it has taken me several days to accept and respond. I found it really hard to find seven interesting things about myself and THEN narrow my favorite blogs to fifteen.
Here's the criteria to accept:
1. Thank the awarder. (check)
2. Provide a link to her blog. (check)
3. List seven interesting things about yourself. (coming)
4. List fifteen blogs that you follow and wish to bestow this award to. (I guess I can.)
1. You'll probably never know this from following my blog, because I'm pretty sure I'll never post a photo of myself, but I am very short. Under five feet! Legally, I could probably qualify for "special needs", since I can never reach above the first shelf of dishes!
2. We have had 11 moves, many of them corporate transfers and while I've resisted every one of them, I have loved everywhere we've ever been. I firmly believe that each move is not all good and not all bad, but it IS what you make it!
3. I really believe that the only award that I deserve is the Great Mother award, if there is such a thing. I have raised the two most beautiful daughters who have grown into lovely young women and fantastic moms. I clearly consider this my greatest and most important achievement. When I see them parent with such love and joy, I feel a reward that I can never explain.
4. I was a physical therapist, but I discovered early in my training that I could not work with geriatric patients, as they made me cry constantly. I chose working with children exclusively for this reason.
5. I'd choose a bowl of popcorn over a steak anytime. Not that one ever gets this choice, since they are not both really meals, but if I ever have to choose that "last meal", it won't be a dinner, it will be a big bowl of popcorn.
6. I've finally taken sky diving off of my bucket list.
7. (Do I really have to find one more interesting fact?) Mr. Pressed Pants says that taking me to play tennis is like taking no one........the ball never comes back! Not my sport. So I've tried to be a golfer and I have played for over thirty years. For the last fifteen, though, my handicap has never gone down. I really must get acquainted with the driving range!
Ok! Enough about me!
Here's the fifteen bloggers who deserve the Versatile Blogger award in my estimation. Some of you are tag-free, but I'm like Carolyn. I'm going rogue and giving this to you anyhow! In no particular order:
Velvet and Linen
Tablescapes at Table Twenty One
Home is Where the Boat Is
Three Pixie Lane
French Country Cottage
For The Love of a House
Styling by Coty Farquhar
Between Naps on the Porch
Color Me Happy
My Shabby Streamside Studio
Please visit these bloggers. I thank them for the hours of enjoynment they have provided me!