Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Seaglass Inspired Tablescape


Happy Summer Solstice!!!!!
I'm entering an old post today to Cuisine Kathleen's Let's Dish party.  Since the theme is "Beach", I thought this one would fit the bill.  It is one of my very earliest posts and still one of my favorites. Thanks, Kathleen.  I can't wait to see how everyone is ushering in summer! 

Seaglass Inspired Tablescape

It seems that everyone is outside again enjoying the summer weather. We were able to have the nicest evening outside tonight. This table design is a tribute to the ocean front beaches that I love.  They truely feed my soul.  A morning walk there is even more enjoyable when you find those precious pieces of seaglass.  They have inspired an entire genre of decorating, especially in the costal areas.


I've arranged dinner for two outside on what we call the white deck.  It is semi-circular and has the best view. All of the colors on this table are of the sea and sand.  No patterns, just greens, blues, and creams.


I used a light cream colored burlap tableskirt from Ballard's  that goes to the ground, and covered it with a woven runner in a light straw color.


The centerpiece is a glass bottle that has a faint turquoise tint.  I got it at Star Provisions in Atlanta.  Ferns, ornamental grasses, and hosta leaves fill it for a natural, non-floral look.



I started with a dinner plate that is an opalescent green and is irregular in shape.  It came from Homegoods last year and I only found two of them.  I would love to have more. I love how the shadow from the greenery shows up on the tabletop in this picture.


Then I topped it with my trusty cream salad plates from Target.



Next  is a shell shaped plastic bowl, which I think was from Target, too, last year.  I served a white gazpacho in it topped with sliced green grapes and almonds.  So pretty!


I photographed the glasses on the railing so you could see the colors. The frosted stem is aqua and the base is blue.  I don't remember where they came from, but I've had them a long time.

The cream hemstitched napkins are from Macy's and the green napkin rings (which don't show very well in this photo) are irregular shaped and made out of a resin material.  I got them from Boxwoods Gifts.  There is a natural scallop shell for a bread and butter plate, and the flatware is from  B. D. Jefferies.



On the straw runner, I set frosted tea lights with shells and seaglass scattered about.


I chose some old jadite salt and pepper shakers.  They were the perfect color for this table even though they are a little large for a dinner for two.


For desert, I used a glass plate that has a very faint aqua tint to it.  I got it this summer at Homegoods.


And the best part of the evening......



is this view over the deck.  We feel so fortunate to have this peaceful place.

I hope you have a joyful and safe last weekend of summer!

16 comments:

  1. I love the colors of seaglass and you set a perfect table for it. Those dinner plates are so unusual! Great job! ~~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Heading to Hilton Head for some beach walking myself - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty and just right for a summer beginning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to share this view any day of the week! Gosh, that's beautiful! So peaceful, too! I'm sure being there would bring my blood pressure down a notch! :-) I am SO on board with you about using natural greenery to bring a beachy feel to the table. Ferns and hostas are perfect!!! Very soothing tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured your sea glass inspiration beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really does look peaceful and inviting. I would love to sit at your table!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a view is right! Your table is sooo pretty with all the soft colors of the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely view indeed.. I would never leave it. Your table turned out just perfect. Your dishes are so beautiful. Maybe they will show up on ebay? Great table.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table...love the jadeite s/p shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the colors in sea glass, and I love all decor inspired by it! Your table is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and what a beautiful setting. How clever to use a shell for the bread plate. Very nice.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful place to have a beachy meal. the plates are lovely and the color is so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful table at your outside escape. Such soft blues and green for your beach theme. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your deck and its view makes a great place to unwind, I just know. The setting is so tranquil -- I would never leave! Beautiful table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful! Those dinner plates are amazing, Linda! What a lovely spot you have there! Thanks for linking up to Let's Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning colors! And your detail just makes this all the more pretty! I love those dishes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...