Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Fall Mantle Party

 
Thanks, Sarah, for hosting the Fall Mantle Party.  Here's a close-up of my mantle from last year.  I haven't been able to find pumpkins yet here in Georgia.  The weather was so wet here this year.  That might have had something to do with the lateness of their arrival.

In our living room, this was the arrangement I came up with.

I'm not usually one to change out mantles seasonally, but I do a fall mantle and then I do an arrangement for Christmas.  I really do not like those over-tweaked, over-decorated mantles that are so in vogue in cyberspace. 

This starts with four different sized grapevine pumpkins, and then I add real pumpkins, gourds, and a few faux pieces.

Here's the left side of the arrangement.
 
I have this great set of horns that I've filled with faux flowers and feathers,......

and I've raised them on a few leather-bound books.

And on the right side, I've added a birch covered candle and a white pumpkin......
 
to this wonderful old iron doorstop from France.

And all of this sits under this beautiful seascape that is the best piece of art in our house, by far!
 
Not too busy, I hope!
 
And it all sits on this fabulous, carved mantle.  It's definitely the best improvement we made to this house.  It used to be a very boring, traditional colonial brick raised hearth. but we felt it needed more of a nod to the French feel of this house.
 
And then we added these beams to continue the feel.  How do you like it for fall?

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the painting - rather than mirror on the mantel:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely arrangement, very inspiring, which is gonna make me decorate my mantel too. By the way, I too have artwork from a famous painter of Ecuador instead of a mirror! Have a pleasant evening.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, The horns are certainly interesting. I like the way you decorated them with the flowers and pheasant feathers. Very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, I love the horn spill vase and the French door stop. Your fireplace is wonderful. The room definitely has a French vibe.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...