Search This Blog

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Dinner '13


It's been a few days since Christmas, but here's our Christmas Day table setting.  It's about as traditional as you can get.  

With the sun shining in, you see the gold charger, and Lenox "Holiday" dishes on my favorite Campbell plaid tablecloth.  The white damask napkins have a simple gold napkin ring, and I've chosen my favorite mismatched antique silverplate flatware.

These Waterford crystal water stems are paired with red crystal stems from Homegoods that I found  this year.

My sweet daughter, Susie, gave me these beautiful old knives last year for Christmas and they look perfect with the off white of the dishes.  I love, love, love these. My girl knows me well!

The white poinsettia in a rustic faux bois pot and several old wooden candlesticks complete the table, but keep it from being too formal.  

This is not very creative, or inventive, but it suited us just right for Christmas day.  I felt like Bob Cratchett could have joined us.

On the sideboard in the dining room, Father Christmas reigned supreme.

I keep this large green platter here most of the year, and he cozys up to it nicely.

I love all of my santas and snowman, but this woodland santa is my favorite.

These lamps sport a bit of greenery along with the ivory tassels that they have every day.

This chest has another woodland scene.

These paper mache deer are the star of this chest.  I think they like this little bit of glittery "snow".

Another corner has a small vignette with one more white poinsettia.  My many poinsettias are still in very good shape and are hardly even loosing leaves, so they could still be around a while.  I find it so hard to throw these out, but by the time I get all of my decorations put away, I'm over the plants, too.  Years ago, I tried my hand in trying to keep them and have them rebloom the next year, but after many months of watering and babying and fussing about their temperature, I ended up throwing them out anyhow.  Lesson learned!

This guy is not exactly the Elf on the Shelf, or the Mensch on the Bench, but more like the Elf on the Bench.  Doesn't have the same panache, does it?

As you can see, we had a beautiful, sunny day, and the atmosphere inside was sunny as well.  We're so grateful for all of our blessings, and the best blessing of all is our wonderful, wonderful family.  I hope each and every one of you had a great Christmas and made precious memories.

Joining:


Inspire Me Tuesdays
at




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...