Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Iconic Iris



This Mikasa pattern, Garden Gallery, is one I use often in the springtime.  While the pattern is busy, the edges have a simple border, and that makes it good for combining with other patterns, or stacking, as I have here.

When our local Trader Jo's had these beautiful iris, I scooped them up to do this table.  I love Iris, but they are so short-lived once they are cut.  I love the flower, and I'm soon going shopping at my favorite source, M P Flower Garden, for some new iris plants.  I did a post on that here.

I set this in the breakfast room on a gloomy day.

I liked the wicker chargers with this, and these light lavender napkins added color to the stack. 

Pale purple stems, and clear Juliska stems seemed to do the trick for glassware.

This World Market flatware complimented the green on the plates.

The dinner plate has daffodils and some unidentifiable pink flower.  Pretty..... but I think the iris salad plate is the star.

In order to let the flowers shine, not the vase, I chose this white paste vase from France.  I can't believe that I haven't broken some of these flowers.

Perfect! 

This majolica salt and pepper dish picked out a little more green.

Nothing fancy here.

Did I tell you it was gloomy?????  I took this through the window.  As you can see, spring has surely sprung here in Georgia and it is soooo welcome.  Soon the pollen season will be over and the pressure washing season starts. 


Joining:
Tablescape Thursday
at

Share Your Style
at

Centerpiece Wednesday
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Table It
at

Home Sweet Home
at

Sheltered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at




3 comments:

  1. So very lovely. You have coordinated all of the elements so beautifully. I love, love the Iris. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely. Your colors of the iris purple and green are perfection and I love how everything truly highlights and honors the iris (I didn't realize they were so fragile). Beautiful dishes and flatware as well. Such an elegant space. Thank you for sharing. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, purple iris is one of my favorite flowers too. Love the vase too. I'm hopping over from The scoop today Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...