Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Three Red, White and Blue Tables


We have a wonderful couple coming over for the Fourth, and I want to change up my go to Red/White/Blue table for the patriotic holidays.  I took several things down to the lower terrace today to fiddle around.  I only set two place settings today, just so I wouldn't have so much to carry in and out.


I kept the red and white checked tablecloth in all three versions.

And these carnations and daisies in this salt glaze pitcher.

First, I did this.

This was all red and white, except for the flag plate.

This Nicole Miller red and white plate is rather contemporary looking, and I used it with this red handled flatware.

I added this salad, or dessert plate that I've had a long time.  I had a little accident the last time I used them, so I'm down to five now.

Red Glassware, some new and some vintage.

White serving accessories. 

White linen napkin with a napkin ring made from a satin ribbon and Martha Stewart grosgrain embellishment.

Then, I changed it up a bit.

I left the red pieces behind and added blue and white.  Can you ever go wrong with blue and white?

This is not Royal Copanhagen!  It's pottery with a very similar pattern.

I used a white Portuguese charger under it to give it some relief from the checks.

I changed out the red handled flatware to this blue, gathered the napkin differently, and used a white wicker napkin ring with a couple of tiny flags on picks.

I like the mixture of glassware here.

Blue willow mixes with almost anything.

I've got some beautiful serving pieces that would work.

Next, I mixed the reds and the blues for one more version.

Here, I used a natural wicker napkin ring and I tied the ribbon one on top of it.

A blue glass and a red one. 

I haven't decided.

If only we could have an evening as beautiful as this one!

This table is a little farther to carry our food than the other two outdoor tables, but it's such a serene space. 

Those terrace gardens are not filling in as quickly as I had hoped, but I guess they look ok.

What's your favorite version?

On the small side table down there, I like to use this metal sand bucket for ice.  Here it is with the red cut glass stems.

Here it is with the blue stems. 

I might just decide to go with my favorite red/white/blue table. It seems so much more festive to me.


Tablescape Thursday
at

Share Your Style
at

Centerpiece Wednesday
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Table It
at

Home Sweet Home
at

Sheltered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at


Celebrate It Sunday


1 comment:

  1. It all looks so inviting and festive for the 4th! The flag postcard plates are darling!
    Karee

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...