Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

BFF and Berries

My BFF was in town from Charleston, and I knew we'd be shopping all day and trying new restaurants all evening, so that left only breakfast to eat at home.  I kept things simple but cheerful with a few items quickly pulled out of the cupboards.

Whole Foods had these lovely red and white tulips and I grabbed a few packages.  This made me begin the search for red and white.  Since I (and the whole world) had just done red and white for Valentine's Day, I looked in my vault (dish closet) for something else.

Aha!  Strawberry salad plates!  They would allow me to use the red and white flowers and bring in several shades of green, as well.  I used them over these white textured dinner plates from Kroger.  Yes, folks, Kroger.  Don't they look like Juliska??????

Starting with a white linen caterer's cloth.......

I added these strawberry embroidered napkins that a lovely guest gave me.  Then, this grass green placemat and red handled flatware brought the colors further together.

Our cereal bowls held Rice Chex with fresh strawberries.  These bowls are from Ballard.

The red coffee cups are also from Ballard, and these green glass juice glasses are from Ikea.

I thought the strawberry plates could go with these faux bois sugar and creamer.  

Mr. Pressed Pants was out of town, so it was breakfast for two, then lots and lots of shopping.  I hope you all have a best friend as awesome as mine!  I heart her.


Joining:

Tablescape Thursday 
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Be Inspired (Tues.)

Table It (Sun.)
at

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at


Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

The Inspiration Gallery (Thurs.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)

The Creative Exchange (Thurs.)


3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this happy table! Your strawberry plates are darling, and you've complemented them perfectly with everything else. What a great space for a breakfast with a dear friend! Thanks for sharing! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and colorful breakfast table.........love those strawberry plates
    and the color combo........hope you had fun
    visiting and shopping with your friend!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great napkins to go with those dishes! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...