Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Welcoming Fall Outdoors


When you arrive at our home, you'll be greeted by this at the road.  Minus those wreaths, I'm afraid.  Between the time I took this picture and when I posted it, someone pilfered those wreaths on the gates.  From now on, I'm using zip ties on any decorations.

The mums are also a bit more open by now.  And I have added some orange ribbon and bows to the corn stalks.

As you come up the driveway, you'll pass the cutting garden.

If I took you through the gate you' d see a garden in dire need of tidying up!

At the front door, I've arranged a pile of pumpking, mums, and flowers. 

Don't you love these stripes?

If you turn around at the front door, you'll see this.

I just love how this Japanese maple lights up in the sunshine.

This is out the back door.  I have often wished that I had a shelf on the fireplace chimney so that I could decorate the face of the fireplace, but I've had to choose other places to "pretty up"!

We had a dinner party recently, and I put tablecloths on all three of the outdoor tables.  This the one on the main patio.

The throw pillows on the patio have morphed from turquoise and coral to these brown leaves.

This is the table on the lower terrace.

And this is the table on the upper white deck.  We had cocktails outside, as it was a perfect fall evening.

Since these pillows had orange in them, I added them for a little comfort.

I tried to make several areas of interest reflect this beautiful season.



This statue has a basket of flowers in his arms, but I added an orange ribbon and some more signs of fall.

Even the fountain had a nod to fall.  After Thanksgiving, all of these pumpkins and gourds go into the woods for the deer and squirrels.  The mums will be planted in the cutting garden in hopes that they come up in the spring.  We feel so fortunate to celebrate this season of bounty with so many decorations and such beautiful weather.  But, probably the most beautiful of all is not what I add, but the incredible carpet of leaves and acorns that Mother Nature is supplying!


Joining:
 Tablescape Thursday 
at

Dishing It and Digging It (Sun.)
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Foodie Friday

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at


Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)
















1 comment:

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...