Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Just Dinner with the Neighbor


Every now and then we invite our next door neighbor over for dinner.  He's a bachelor, so it doesn't matter what I fix, he thinks it's great.  So tonight, when I realized that we had a lot of food for just the two of us, I called next door and extended a quick invitation.  Of course, he accepted and in the time it took him to walk over here, I threw this table together, and while the guys grilled chicken, I snapped a few shots.

I bought these napkins from Pottery Barn outlet a few weeks ago, so it was in the back of my mind to use them.  Actually, it was early spring, and I thought they would be perfect for a spring table.  Well....here we are in July....they look good tonight, anyhow!

I threw this green tablecloth on the table on the white deck, then used some yellow graphic placemats. 

This is the mark on the yellow and green plates.  They sure don't look like Pfaltzgraff, do they?  

This flatware came from Homegoods last week.  I've been wanting bamboo for a while, but since I have several other wooden handled sets, I've resisted.  But, since it was $19.99, I grabbed it!  I bet I'll wish I bought another four place settings.

These old green stems and gold stemless wine glasses finished the place setting.

These have been outside on another table, so that was easy.

All of these things were in the kitchen, as there was no time to scrounge around any further.

The lake was quiet tonight, but the deck wasn't.  Our neighbor is a talker and, as usual, the evening lasted longer than I intended, but no one wanted to call it a night.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yes...you'll be wishing you scooped up every single box!!! I bought a box of light bamboo flatware a few years ago and then went back the next day to buy another. I considered buying more, but poo-poo'ed the idea and kept on going. Well, not 3 months later....you know the rest!!! It was more than a year later before I was able to find the exact ones again, and I bought enough for 20 place settings! Same with the black bamboo! It's so versatile and dresses a table up so nicely...I couldn't do otherwise. So get your little hips back over there and get whatever's left because you WILL wish you had them!!! :-)

    You did a wonderful job on such short notice, and I'm sure your neighbor appreciated the effort you put into creating such a pretty dining environment. I'm glad you finally got to use your PB napkins!

    Have a safe and fun 4th! Get back there and get that flatware!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table! LOVE the bamboo utensils… might have to see if my HG has any. Hope you're having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those napkins AND the plates! I would have said yes too!!! We are grilling chicken tonight, have to get as much grilling done before it gets too cool:):) I LOVE grilled foods (probably because I don't have to cook)::):) I am sure it was a very nice evening. I signed up for e-mail so I don't miss your posts!!!! XO

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...