Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Alabaster and Acorns


We have some friends who are undergoing a massive remodel of their home, and they are in need of a homecooked meal.  We'll have them over tomorrow for a casual dinner.  I haven't decided on the menu yet, but I did decide on the important part....the table setting!

There will be just four of us, but I did decide to eat in the dining room, rather than the breakfast room.  I don't know if it's because all of my mums have frozen by now, and they are all sort of beige, but I seem to be turning to light neutrals for the last few tables.  Just this week, I set a similar toned table for some other friends.  See it here.

I really wanted to use these new oval alabaster plates.  Aren't they sweet?

I haven't used this fall cotton damask tablecloth yet this year, and it was a good complement to the plates.

And these napkins were a good match for the cloth.  I bought a tablecloth and 12 napkins at a resale shop last spring, and none of them had ever been used.  I love old linens, so they were in my hands the moment I saw them.

And, oh baby!!!!!  Look at these napkin rings. I know you want to swoon.  My very dear friend, Barb, gave me eight of these.  Barb is the person who, years ago, talked me into starting a blog.  She knows me so well, and I know any gift from her is  the perfect choice, and these gorgeous rings are maybe the best ever!!!

This white French flatware looks good on these twig place mats, and I like to use these wooden bowls in place of bread and butter plates.

I use this combination of glassware often.

This picture is a little fuzzy, but I wanted you to see this sweet squirrel placecard holder.

You've probably seen this brown water bottle that we brought home from France before.  I haven't decided on the wine yet, but there will be a wicker wine coaster, too.

Here's another accessory I use a lot. 

Since the place mats are twig, I added a couple of small twig votives.

Sugar anyone?

Butter?

These old wooden candlesticks sport twig candles.  I wish the candles were beefier, though.

I thought this faux bois candle holder would be a good choice for the centerpiece. 

I used a piece of oasis on the top and added these brown and cream flowers.  Do you see the little white pumpkin and white wheat?  Then I scattered a few acorns around.

Bird's eye view.

Man, those napkin rings sure are the star of the show, aren't they?  Those alabaster plates were fun to work with, too.  I only found four of them, so this was the perfect chance to use them.

No matter what menu I decide on, I know our guests will appreciate putting their feet under a table tomorrow night.  I've remodeled kitchens several times, so I can commiserate with them.  Any suggestions as to what to fix? 



Joining:

Tablescape Thursday
at

Centerpiece Wednesday
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Table It
at

Home Sweet Home
at

Sheltered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at

4 comments:

  1. You've assembled the perfect mix of elements for your nature's bounty tablescape. The napkin rings will be the star of many tables to come...outstanding! Thanks for inviting us for a peek. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table is full of style! Love all the textures shown here. Your friends are going to feel very special indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these plates they are so elegant looking I don't recall if you said where you got them but I bet you could use them in any color combo right ooh imagine them with teal.anyway you are a dear friend to help your neighbors during this time.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those alabaster dishes are gorgeous! I have never seen anything like those. You did a beautiful table...

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...