Search This Blog

Monday, January 19, 2015

Well, Hello Sunshine


Look what we've got here!!!  Sunshine!!!  After living in Cleveland, Ohio three times, you'd think that I'd be used to dreary skies during the winter, but I've been sorely missing our Georgia sunshine this winter.  I can't remember such a grey, grey stretch.

This was a cheerful bunch of Kroger flowers and they begged to come home and replace some of these darned poinsettias that just won't give up.  I have such a hard time throwing good plants out, but I'm so over them.

Here's this morning's cheerful breakfast table.  Since today is MLK day, Mr. Pressed Pants slept in and my mom, who is visiting, ALWAYS sleeps in, I had time to greet them with a bright and sunny table in the breakfast room.

These exuberant plates from Target set the tone.  What's better than a shot of pink and green?

The table accessories were fun, too.  The s/p set and the cow creamer are both from Pierre Deux years ago.  The majolica leaf dish is a good choice to hold sugar packets, both full and then empty.  The French butter dish and twig spreader finish it off. 

The pink napkins are from the Palm restaurant line of linens, the knot napkin ring from Old Time Pottery, and the flatware is from Cost Plus World Market.  Nothing precious here but the guests!

This glass stoppered bottle and Ikea green glasses both held the oj.

Just a cozy three for homemade French toast and strawberries.  (You can tell it's a holiday when I make French toast, and not use frozen.)

My soul must have needed some pink, because it sure makes me smile. 

See the sunshine out there? 

"Bartholomew" is enjoying it, too.  Now, if this holds, there's a round of golf for me this afternoon.



Joining:
Tablescape Thursday
at

Centerpiece Wednesday
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Table It
at

Home Sweet Home
at

Sheltered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at




13 comments:

  1. My smile is a mile wide..... Those brilliant pink and white plates and the lovely bouquet from Krogers brightened my day. I love the napkins too!! I live south of Cleveland and you are right about dreary days. We did have a lovely sunlit day a couple of weeks ago, I ran out on the patio to take pictures of my winter fairy garden so I would remember how bright and pretty everything looks in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table is so lovely and fresh. Makes me feel cheerful to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been is such a pink mood lately and your table is gorgeous!!! Love the way the flowers mimic the plates!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, we've had the grayest weather here, too. Your pink is a super welcome sight! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table...love the plates and the colorful details. Wonderful, cheerful table!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is so pretty and springy looking. I imagine if
    you are up north where it is cold, that brings along some hope of warmer weather. lol
    I too, love pink and green..........so it was a table to make the heart sing........Hope your Mom and hubby
    liked it too......my bet is they did, especially your MOM.lol
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely tablescape I love the pink plates brings such color for such a gray January.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table and those plates are my cup of tea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely table. Cheerful. Love the colour combo. Beautifully set in table. ....sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is lovely! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this cheerful table! I have been AWOL here far too long, and I needed this reconnection tonight! I hope you and Mr. Pressed Pants are doing well... and I hope spring will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely table! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features tonight at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/02/make-it-pretty-monday-week-127.html Hope to see you at the bash. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very pretty. I love pink and green together. It is refreshing and does make one feel good.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...