Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Carrots and the Cutest Company


The boys are on their way!!!!!  Two of our three grandsons and our daughters are coming for their spring break.  These guys are NOT the pastel, fluffy little bunny type, so I've set a table that is clearly celebrating Easter, but is bright and cheerful and much more of interest to these young men.

Upon arriving at the door, they'll see this new wreath.

It's grapevine, silk forsythia, burlap carrots, and burlap bows.  I found it at Old Time Pottery.  I think it's as fun as the table inside.

Doesn't this look like a place where there will be lots of giggles and joking around?

The very first item that I decided to use it this wonderful decoupaged tin pitcher that my BFF brought me for my (early) birthday.  See the carrot on it?  Well, away I went with a carrot theme.  I know there are many who scoff at "theme table", but am not one of them.  I get a seed planted in my brain and it takes on a life of its own.  When you are the insomniac that I am, you obsess over most tables until you sometimes just get up and start pulling things together, and most times there is a common thread.  You can call it a theme table, or one with a common thread!!!! Ok by me!  At any rate, these great orange tulips were 3 bunches for $12 at Whole Foods this week.  Perfect!

Can you just see me doing my happy dance in the aisles of Pier One when I spied these napkins?  You should have been there!  The napkin knots are from Old Time Pottery and were $1 each.  Cha-ching.  I already had these orange rimmed salad plates that I bought for a wedding shower a couple of years ago.  I never could have guessed how much I have used them.

Under the salad plate, there is a white everyday dinner plate, a rattan charger, and a bright green straw placemat.  The green flatware is from World Market.  I sure wish I had bought service for 8 instead of just 4.  Dang!

I once had 8 of these bright green stems, though, but now I only have 5.  :-(  These orange glasses are from the same wedding shower.

These leaf embossed bread and butter plates are from the floral wholesaler, and I have a couple of different sized platters to go with them.  I felt these little twig spreaders went with the table, too.

Pier One had these tiny paper mache carrots that I used almost as confetti, and just scattered around.

These old oak and brass barley twist candlesticks seem to be on almost every table I do.  They are so versatile and they still make my heart stand still.  This runner is used to be a picnic sized tablecloth that I cut up for runners.  It made three and I can use them several different ways.

My daughter's mother-in-law gave me this sweet little bunny and chick salt and pepper set.  Aren't they darling?  

I love to take this shot, but I couldn't quite get it centered.  Oh, well.

We'll have some meals on paper plates, some in restaurants, some on picnics, and some at this fun table.

I can't wait to see those little guys with their devilish grins, smelling like chlorine from the pool.

Nothing precious or fragile.

Care to join us?

Joining:

Tablescape Thursday 
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Be Inspired (Tues.)

Table It (Sun.)
at

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at


Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)

The Creative Exchange (Thurs.)


9 comments:

  1. My word, my word, this is one of the most darling tablescapes I have ever seen! So perfect for this time of year! It sings, "Spring and Easter Bunnies!". I love all the bright colors and and have definite napkin envy over those carrot napkins!! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when your grandkids first see this table! You've guaranteed smiles all around. Thank you for sharing a table to bring joy!! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this table! Those napkins are amazing and the orange tulips in that cute pitcher are perfect. I'm looking forward to setting an Easter table for my granddaughter, it will be a little more girly but similar ideas. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you guests are going to be delighted! I think any table, theme or not, done with love and a spirit of joy is what it is all about. It's obvious this table is full of love and joy. Enjoy the visit with your children and grands. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this table! Speaks happiness to me. Your complete tablescape couldn't be more charming. I loved reading your descriptions as well. Guess what?, I have the same napkins and fell in love with them. I am using them later. I also have the chick plates with the adorable crown, I have the table all set just need to photos. You really have some beautiful and wonderful items. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait.. I love the runner and have not see that one. It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your wreath! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your table. So pretty. Your wreath and pitcher are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful table. I love those colors together. A lovely table to celebrate Easter and make everyone happy. The runner is fabulous! I have those same napkins. Thanks for sharing at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving this table! O, I admit I still have a serious crush on your orange table runner. I need to add some orange in my life. That color is so cheerful. Tell your BFF she gives great gifts, Love that pitcher she gave you. and Happy Birthday (in case I missed it, you said early birthday present, so I'm hoping I haven't missed it!)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...