Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Turquoise Gingham on the Deck

It was time to have our bachelor neighbor over for dinner.  And time to post something!  I haven't posted anything in a month, maybe six weeks.  I've done a Cinco de Mayo dinner, a Kentucky Derby dinner, several small dinner parties, and a lovely picnic, but the situation just wasn't right to photograph blog-worthy pictures.  I'm a firm believer that the event is much more important than capturing it on film, even for a languishing blog!  And that, folks, is why I don't accept advertising.  I just can't promise a certain number of posts. 

But last night's dinner on the deck was simple and lovely and much appreciated by our neighbor.  I went with serene and summery.  He pretends to be all macho, but he loves to be pampered and enjoys a pretty table almost as much as good food!

I started with a white linen caterer's cloth, and then added a pale turquoise straw place mat.  These came from an awesome store in Seaside, Florida called Seaside Style.  The whole store looks like this!  Do not miss it if you are in the panhandle area.  Then I added this whitewashed wooden charger from World Market.  I love how it becomes soft and interesting with the whitewash. 

Then, I chose this scalloped edged dinner plate from Target.  Really!  Target!

These natural handled wooden flatware is Martha Stewart's from years ago when she had her on-line merchandise store.

And these turquoise glass tumblers are Martha Stewart also, this time from Macy's.  I didn't set the table with wine glasses, because we just brought our glasses we used with appetizers to the table.

The salt and pepper and butter looked a bit lost on the table, so I corralled them on this small bamboo tray.  It echoes the color of the flatware. 

White roses and hydrangeas continue to keep things serene.

Today's flowers are brought to you by Whole Foods! 

These candlesticks gave another element of blue/turquoise.


It was a beautiful evening.  We are enjoying the weather before it gets too hot.

The meal was a hit.  Pasta salad and grilled shrimp after an old fashioned appetizer of chips and clam dip.

But the very most enjoyed course was the banana pudding made with Nutter Butter cookies in place of vanilla wafers.  Unbelievable!

Mr. Pressed Pants thought I was way to generous when I sent all but one serving home with Ronnie!  


This deck holds several sitting areas, and  I've softened them with pillows covered with outdoor fabric from Ballard Designs.

The best part is the view of the lake, and of friendly faces across the table!


Joining:

 Tablescape Thursday 
at

Dishing It and Digging It (Sun.)
at

Inspire Me Monday
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Foodie Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday
at

Make It Pretty Monday

at


Amaze Me Mondays
at

Merry Mondays Link Party


Celebrate It Sunday

Sundays At Home

Share It One More Time (Sat.)
designthusiasm.com
Share Your Style (Thurs.)


4 comments:

  1. Yes...Target!!! They have some great stuff! This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and I love this shade of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning table sweetie! The soft soft blue is just completely mesmerizing me right now.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...