Search This Blog

Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Blue and Yellow Birthday

One of my dearest friends recently celebrated a birthday and some of us took this opportunity to show her some love. This lunch was the result of this group effort.  It was held at our mutual friend, Anne's, beautiful home.

I agreed to do the flowers, and when I arrived, this beautiful table is what I saw!  Our honoree is a blue and white lover, so Anne pulled out this wonderful Blue Danube china, and set it on this Ralph Lauren tablecloth.  Waterford and vintage crystal added to the glamor.  Notice how, placing the china on a blue placemat makes all this pattern work perfectly!

Here's my centerpiece!  I have soooo many blue and white pots of all sizes and shapes, so I brought them filled with all sorts of bright yellow spring flowers.  Easy and pretty!

This worked so well and felt so fresh.

There were primroses,

tulips, daffodils, and gerbera daisies,

in a real mix of pots, including this one flow blue gravy boat.

The star is, of course, the daffodil. 


We even slipped one tete-a-tete daffodil into each silver napkin ring.

Anne added these precious little gifts for each person.  They are made from little left-over bits of clay from a potter.  Mine was this pink smile, and I have it on my kitchen window sill.  It brings a warm feeling to me every morning as I check the temperature and make coffee. 

Beth's was a tiny bunny, as she is a bunny lover!

One end of the table had these beautiful silver and crystal salt and pepper shakers,

And the other had these chubby little bluebirds.

Isn't this a beautiful table?

And isn't this a beautiful meal?  These are all Judy's favorites.  I wish I had a picture to show you of the delicious pound cake with blueberries that Beth made for dessert! 


It's my policy not to photograph my friends for my blog, but I wish you could see and know the incredible woman we celebrated here.  I have this birthday crown for all my friends to wear as we party with them, and it never sat on a more deserving head.  She is so caring, so spiritual, creative, funny, gorgeous, interesting, and just about perfect.  I am so fortunate to be her good friend, and I want her to know how loved she is.  My wish for you is that you all have such a friend.



















1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your friend! This is a gorgeous table! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...