Search This Blog

Friday, June 9, 2017

Peonies on the Terrace

Well, this table came together in a flash.  A quick stop at Trader Joe's and a chat with a friend in the frozen food aisle lead to an impulsive invitation for dinner.  Almost all the food came from those very aisles, and so did the flowers.


Oh!  The flowers!!!!  Aren't they smart to put them right at the front door?  You see these beauties and right away you put some in your cart and begin to make plans for a special night. 

Peonies!!!!  A very special flower in our family!  They are elegant and fragrant, and beautiful, and magnificent.  I just had to grab some.

Since our border flowers are looking pretty good, and the weather was delightful, I decided to set our table outside on the lower terrace.  I also thought the pink petunias would compliment the pink peonies.

In the spirit of making things easy and quick, I grabbed these pink toile melamine dishes that I haven't used in quite a while.  They were made by Swell, which was sold by Target years ago.

The glassware was a high/low mix of this hot pink bubble glass and clear Juliska stems that I used for wine.

The napkins are from the Palm restaurant line, and these soup bowls were also from Target.  I served visychoise in them, as Mr. Pressed Pants has been asking for it.

This plastic flatware is a cute, vibrant knock-off of some ornate silverplate. 

This French salt and pepper holder is the only serving accessory I used.

I love the way this all came together. 


Can you see the lake through the trees?  The Canadian geese were pretty noisy, but, they were not nearly as noisy as the bullfrogs!!!

It was a mosquito-free night, though.

This is a little bit of heaven, and it's even better with friends to share it.

Try the lemon piccata chicken from Trader Joe's refrigerator case!  We  all loved it.

Here's the view from the upper terrace. 

This is what happens when you don't stop to think about things, and just blurt out an invitation.  What the heck!  The house was pretty clean, the landscapers had been there, and the food was almost ready.  When the friends are that good, it's almost a "Come-as-you-are" party.  We even ate leftover lemon cheesecake from a luncheon that I gave on Tuesday!!!! Capture the moment and make a memory!

Joining:












8 comments:

  1. So pretty! Sometimes spontaneous invites are the best - especially when they turn out as lovely as this. Enjoyed reading and seeing how it all came together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof positive that entertaining can be easy AND beautiful! Those pink melamine plates are gorgeous!!!!! Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful hot pink table, how fun!
    Also the setting is breathtaking.
    Have a great rest of the week,
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely table. I really like those pink toile plates, and what fun is that pink flatware! Where did you find it? You know I always enjoy a tablescape, and how fun that this became an impromptu dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your table and the color is beautiful! Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning table and a gorgeous setting. I wish we had a trader joe's close by.

    Those peony's look beautiful and I bet the scent they give off is even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful setting! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peonies they are one of my favorite flowers and oh smell so good. I love your setting place to sit and enjoy the moment looks great
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...