Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Flamingo Frenzy

I know.....I've been missing.  I have ignored my blog in favor of Instagram.  It's a matter of time management.  I won't totally walk away from A Toile Tale, but I'm posting less.  I'm not entertaining less, however, so please follow me on Instagram at #ldpete2626.

  
I'm soooo not ready to give up summer entertaining.  Will the rest of you bloggers please refrain from pushing fall?????  This table is a perfect example.  It's still hot, hot, hot here in Atlanta, so why pretend.  

These plates inspired the table.  They came from World Market last summer.  I pulled the bold colors from them and set a screamingly bright table.  

We needed the shade, so I chose the lower terrace.

Fiona the Flamingo made the perfect centerpiece.  She's covered with pink feathers and has a little sister, too.

I found them at Lucy's Market in Buckhead.  They are going to go to my daughter's pre-school class when I am done playing with them.

Here's the oasis ring that holds the pink carnations.  It has plastic on the bottom which will protect your table, but once it's soaked in water, it will hold flowers for days, just like a brick of oasis.

I wrapped a varigated Apisdistra leaf and a small orchid on the ordinary water glass, and held them in place with a piece of rafia.  The plain Tiffany wine glass was filled with Hogwash rose.  (Several times!)

These salt and peppers came from The Christmas Tree Shop.

Everybody seemed to enjoy the gazpacho and the salad with mango and shrimp.  I could do it all the day ahead, which is the way I like entertain.

These dessert plates came from Target years ago.

I used a flamingo margarita glass on a leaf to hold pineapple/coconut ice cream  for dessert.

Caspari handtowels were joined in the guest bathroom by a blow-up flamingo filled with fresh carnations and orchids.

And a flotilla of them were in the pool.  I must admit that the sound of the waterfall into the pool was a cooling sound on such a hot day.  But the warm friendships felt good!

8 comments:

  1. I am in Pa. and we have had several very "Fall-like" days this week. Plus the stores are full of Fall and it is my FAVORITE time to decorate. I wish we could keep the mild temps though:) Your table is wonderful, I would love to have been there. The menu sounds great! I will floow you on Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m originally from Pa., so I envy your sunny days and cool nights at this time of year. I love fall, but I have several summer tables that I feel I want to do before I pack it all away. And there seem to be a few people we promised to get together with this summer. In order to keep that promise, I guess I’ll have to still be celebrating summer!

      Delete
  2. "First off I want to say excellent blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like
    to ask if you don't mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind prior to writing.
    I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out there.
    I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the f

    First 10 to 15 minutes are generally wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints?
    Thank you!"

    성인야설

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up. This is very informative and interesting for those who are interested in blogging field.외국인출장

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Undeniably imagine that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be at the net the easiest factor to take note of. I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as people consider issues that they just do not recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and also defined out the entire thing with no need side effect, other people can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you 건마탑"

    ReplyDelete
  5. definately a great deal to learn about this subject.
    슬롯사이트

    It is actually a nice and helpful piece of information.
    슬롯사이트

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...