Search This Blog

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Horse Lovers Come to Dinner



 
There's an adorable couple that we've been wanting to have to dinner, and last weekend we finally had them over.  They are horse lovers, so I dug into my stash of equine decorations and put together this table.  I'll admit that it was very hard for me to use these colors in summer.  They just say fall to me!  I guess I am very seasonally inspired.


But, I pulled out these Ralph Lauren linens and started with a rustic look.



I remember that when I saw these chargers at Pier One, I hesitated forever.  I have so many chargers and many of them are wooden.  Did I need any more?  No.  But, of course, I bought them.  And I love them.  The dinner plate and dessert plate are from ZGallerie. 

This flatware is some I use so often.  I played around with a light wood handle instead, but decided on this dark wood. 

 I was so happy to use these pieces.  I made the napkins from Ralph Lauren yardage years ago, and the rings are made by Rebecca Ray designs.


Don't you love the detail on this copy of an antique rosette.  Each of them has a different horse featured.


This glassware is some I use over and over.


My favorite stationery company, Seven Barks, makes these coasters with similar images to the napkin rings.  How cool are they?  

They also make these letterpress placecards with a snaffle bit design.  This image and many other great ones come on note cards, too.  They have a whole line of equestrian designs.  Check them out here.


We have a great nursery close by with a beautiful gift shop.  I found these stirrup candlesticks there last week. 


These faux bois salt and pepper shakers seemed to fit the bill.

I often use two, or even three runners in place of a tablecloth, especially if I am making them.  It is super easy to just cut and hem.

The colors of these flowers lift the feeling of the table, but still complement the colors.  Roses and alstromeria work together so well.  These are arranged on a wooden round and toped with a horse head.

These colors spoke to me!


This horse head is actually one side of a pair of bookends.  I just wrapped the base in a bit of plastic wrap and sat it on top of the brick of oasis floral foam that I used for the flowers.

I love a table for four!

Here's what greeted them at the front door.  I change out the wreath so often and I have a lot of them, but none of the seemed right for this evening, so I used the horse shoe.  It gave our guests a hint about the evening.

Joining:








4 comments:

  1. I do like your table. Your guests must have been thrilled to see it.

    https://fairmeadowplace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites of yours. I especially love the centerpiece with the horse rising above the roses! There are a lot of slick details like the wreath on the front door and the place cards. I have those same mocha colored "Helena" dishes from Z Gallerie and love them! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a personal welcome at the front door. It must have made your guests feel extra special. You table surely did as well. Each detail shows the special attention you gave to setting the perfect table for your guests.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'll be clip clopping on over for dinner. Your table is so thoughtfully designed. I love it! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...