Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

Feeling A Little Antsy



I am soooo not ready to pull out the fall decor and dishes.  I'd love some cooler weather, but it will be a long time before we experience autumn here in Georgia.  So, I'll be sticking with some late summer tables for a while.  These linens are some of my favorite.  They are a riff on a typical gingham picnic look.  

I used a cream burlap floor-length tablecloth and topped it with this cream and black dupioni plaid edged with gingham.  Seems like an odd combination, but it works for me.  

The napkin is a regular cotton gingham embroidered with some fun ants.

Set on the upper, round white deck, this makes a great Friday night kick-off to the Labor Day weekend.  We are predicted to have rain most of the weekend, so tonight's dinner might be the only outdoor dining we get.

The flowers at the wholesaler were a bit picked over this afternoon, but I did find these fringy (is that a word?) gerbera daisies and cream astilbe.  They picked up the colors I was looking for.  I put them in this heavy black iron urn.

This black handled flatware is old, but available everywhere.  The cream charger is from ZGallerie, the red plate and bowl from Ballard's and the black rimmed salad plate is from Target.

These black stems are from Homegoods, and I use them far more than I ever thought I would.  The red ones are vintage.

This small dish is smaller than a bread and butter dish, but larger than a butter pat dish.  Here, I put only an ant from Michael's on it.  It is actually a tablecloth weight, but I unscrewed the clip so that I could use it like this, just for giggles.

 
Here's the view over the railing.  

And here's the view back toward the house.  You can see the brick chimney with its weeping mortar. 

It's hard to tell in this photo, but this is a net dome to keep bugs off of the food.  It's sort of ironic that it is decorated with bugs!  I only have two of these, so I used one over the bruchetta during cocktails. 

Then, I also chose these
 paper napkins by Elise for drinks.  Pretty cute. huh?  

Joining:
Tablescape Thursday
at

Share Your Style
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Be Inspired (Tues.)

Table It
at

Home Sweet Home
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at


Celebrate It Sunday


5 comments:

  1. Every detail is cute! I really like the table topper and napkins, and you certainly have a great view.
    Happy Labor Day Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really pulled out all the stops to create such a cohesive table with all the little details! It is amazing that you have gathered all of these ant themed items! Such a cute summer table. Enjoy yourself for the holiday weekend! Down here in Florida we are certainly ready for a break from the heat! Thank you for sharing at Celebrate it Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful table...the flowers are beautiful. Love the ants everywhere and the entire table is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This table is so charming. I love it! Did you make the tablecloth it is lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute this is! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...