Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Bastille Day!


It was just hours after I posted this that the world heard about the tragedy in Nice, France.  My prayers and heartbreak join so many as we struggle to understand what is happening in this world.  Please take a moment and reflect in any way that you feel comfortable

WISH FOR PEACE!

One of my favorite places on earth is Paris!  Love, love, love.  I could certainly live there, at least part-time.  As such a Francophile, I decided to celebrate Bastille Day with a red, white, and blue breakfast.  In France, this is called La Fete Nationale, and it always falls on July 14th.

I photographed this in the early morning sun, so it may be a little washed out, but Hey!  It's breakfast!

This is set up poolside on the upper terrace.  With the sounds of the waterfall from the spa into the pool, it gives the illusion of being a tiny bit cooler.

But here's an example of the actual heat.....if you look carefully at the butter in the Emile Henry dishes, you can see it is melting faster than I could photograph it.  And those English muffins?????  I know, I know.  You are thinking I've lost my mind.  You see, I sent Mr. Pressed Pants to the store for croissants, and he brought home muffins.  (I guess he has other good points.)

Can you see that the butter dishes have been removed already?

These Cynthia Rowley dinner plates serves as a charger here, because the French "Bonjour" plate is large enough for this simple little breakfast.  That black blob is my shadow.  Sorry.  


The glassware is two different French designs.  One is a heavy stem with the Eiffel Tower pressed into the glass, and the tumbler has a French phrase, "Un Verre d'Amite" etched on it.  That translates into "A Glass of Friendship".   

I was stumped about the napkin ring, so I went to my craft room and put together some red, white, and blue ribbon with some scraps and came up with this.  The fleur de lis is a traditional symbol of France, and I had a this stamp in my stash!

I used a wine coaster with the pitcher, because I knew it would sweat in the heat.

Don't be confused by the shadow on these raspberries.

This milk jug came from World Market.

I had to include this glittered Eiffel Tower.  Mr. Pressed Pants gave it to me one year for Christmas to symbolize a surprise gift of a trip to France.  The best gift EVER. 

This navy reproduction French pot is topped with nothing but red roses.

A little jam?

  
Man, I wish those were croissants! I could have sent him back to the store, but I decided to keep it real here!


Yep.....those English muffins are dumb.

The coffee tray kept the red, white and blue theme.  Now, I know that vacuum pot is Blue Willow, which is oriental, but I'm not that much of a purist that I let it bother me.  The coffee cups are from a set of blue and white bistro dishes that I've had forever.

This guy IS French, though.  It's a pewter creamer, and the little dish catches any drips.  Isn't it dear?


The Eiffel Tower made one more appearance.  It still makes me so happy to see it.

Joining:
 Tablescape Thursday 
at

Dishing It and Digging It (Sun.)
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Be Inspired (Tues.)

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Foodie Friday

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at


Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)

The Creative Exchange (Thurs.)




7 comments:

  1. I love your French tablesetting and your funny commentary. Your husband sounds like mine. Muffins give your table an international feel. Love the creamer. I understand the heat and humidity, it is a part of summer in the south! Blessings, Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites!! My sticker is on that cow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love Paris too! Your table is delightful with all its special touches. Seeing this post late tonight, and now we all know of the tragedy that happened in NIce. So very sad for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tablescape. I love all the sweet details and the creamer is beautiful. Thank you for linking up at Dishing it & Digging It link party. We love having you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a charming little table! I love the creamer. Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Paris too! Your table is lovely. So many wonderful accessories. You have captured the essence of Paris. Love your ribbon on the napkins. The tragedy is overwhelming...so sad. Thank you for your sweet visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you did 3 different tablescapes, all nautical themed! I love all of the darling nautical details on all of your tables. I would love to sit at any of them!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...