Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2016

Alfresco Dining - Two Tables with Coral


When Chloe Crabtree from Create and Decorate invited me to be a part of her Alfresco Dining blog hop, I was flattered, excited, and inspired.  Now that it is time to post, I've decided to feature two tables I have done that both have turquoise in them, one soft and subtle, and one much more vibrant and busy.  Take a look:

On this first table, I started with these napkins embroidered with turquoise coral, and kept the colors quite soft and costal. 

 


The table was set down on our lower terrace, surrounded by greenery, flowers, and stonework.

The whitewashed charger from World Market reminded me of driftwood.  I added a turquoise scalloped dinner plate from Target, and used antique mismatched flatware.

The napkin was softly folded and laid on the plate with a small fisherman's float used as a placecard.  I found them at Pottery Barn last summer.

A real shell serves as a small bread and butter plate.

These stems are etched with costal images and the turquoise tumbler is a Martha Stewart item used as a stemless wine glass.


The centerpiece is simply a pottery dish filled with sand and shell, with some beautiful sea glass.


These sea urchin salt and pepper shakers fit the bill perfectly!

A few stripped pillows made the very ordinary chairs more interesting and more comfortable.

Are you ready to move to the upper terrace and see something a little more exciting?  Bring your drink......

Here's the location.  It's poolside, and we love to eat here and hear the sound of the waterfall and the frogs.

This coral patterned fabric and cushions are from Ballard Designs. They are such an improvement over the cushions we had previously. 

 
Since this tablecloth (which is indoor-outdoor fabric) is so busy, the orange placemat helps to set the plate apart.  The dinner plates are from a store in Atlanta that has gone out of business.  They are made by Marval.  I chose bamboo handled flatware to keep the tropical feel.

Yes!  These ARE the same napkins in a different color.  These napkin rings look like coral and came from Pottery Barn.

These stems are so fun.  Do you see the coral in the stem?  

I used these matching bowls for a cold corn and crab soup.

And I love the soup spoons I found at World Market.

The centerpiece started with a bunch of bright orange Gerbera daisies and a piece of white coral.  I added an orange glass votive, and shells.

And these wonderful porcelain starfish. 

There is a lot going on here, but because the colors are kept to basically two colors, it works.

One more place that I used a coral design was in these salad servers.  Now I think I'm done buying coral items.  Enough!

Thank you again, Chloe for the opportunity to  join this lovely group of bloggers for your Alfresco blog hop.  Be sure to visit all of these posts for a wide variety of outdoor dining.  There are five new posts each day all this week.  You'll see sunflowers, daisies, classic design, contemporary, funky, elegant, and lots of surprises.  

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 9.30.38 PM


Friday
B. Lovely Events | Lolly Jane | A Toile Tale | Bluesky Kitchen Rattlebridge Farm


Joining:
 Tablescape Thursday 
at

Dishing It and Digging It (Sun.)
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Be Inspired (Tues.)

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Foodie Friday

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at


Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)

The Creative Exchange (Thurs.)

22 comments:

  1. Both tables are so very pretty. If you get tired of your coral pieces, I'm happy to send you my address! I love the napkins and rings. Your coastal theme is lovely and the Gerbera daisies are perfect! Your backyard is gorgeous. I'd never leave home! Kim @ CoziNest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both tables are absolutely gorgeous! And the spaces themselves are very pretty! I could sit and enjoy either, for hours! Love all your touches of coral! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great tables in cool and hot palettes - I love both. I love the mixing of vintage flatware, and those tiny floats on the napkins are adorable. The shells for b/b plates are a clever touch. The hot colors on the upper patio are perfect for summer, and the coral pieces are nice additions without being overdone. Of course, the settings for both make both very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have two lovely spots for outdoor dining. I love both tables and your coastal theme is perfect. I loved your use of shells for bread and butter plates and the use of coral is just gorgeous! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be very happy to sit at both your tables. Your settings are so pretty with wonderful stonework and of course beautiful nature!
    You have designed both tables artfully! I love both the soft and serene and the bold and beautiful. You have designed both so elegantly and thoughtfully.
    I enjoyed your fun adventure finding all the coral pieces and you stopped at just the right time.
    I love love your napkins. So pretty! I enjoyed your post and blog hopping with this group this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both tables, and beach themes are my favorite way to celebrate summer! Your stone terraces are gorgeous, I think I'll dine by the water :) Love all your coral pieces, so fun! I think my favorite element is the mini fish floats, those are too cute!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful tables! I love all of the coral accents. I am really taken with your coral soup spoons and salad servers! I might have to check and see if those are still available! The mini fisherman floats are perfect! I would love to have those to hang on my Christmas tree! Everything is so elegant on both of your tables! Thank you so very much for being a part of the tablescape blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, I love both of these coastal themed tables. My love is for aqua and orange. It makes such a vibrant and stunning tablescape. The unique orange coral flatware is so lovely and matches perfectly. Both tablescapes are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! Your settings are so lovely. Setting two table is a lovely idea. I do love your coral accessories. You created such a fun and colorful theme. How sweet to find so many wonderful coral items to match. This is such a happy table where any guest would be special. It is been so much fun blog hopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of your tablescapes and their settings. The turquoise is a color I am crushing on right now too! And the coral color is one of my favorites too. sheila

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the coral so pretty! I love the pop of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both tables are stunning and unique. The soft, muted blue theme is as fresh and welcome as a frosty drink on a blazing day--elegant, restful, and beautifully detailed; and your vibrant coral and turquoise evokes another mood: fun, joy, great times with good friends. You have an amazing talent, and I am so happy I had the opportunity to play with you today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the coastal pieces on your pretty tables, it reminds me of the beach at Charleston, SC! Great post and its been a pleasure meeting everyone! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both just wonderful but I am particularly enamored with the first and the soft coastal colors. The napkins are just to-die-for!! Love it... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your ocean inspired tables are fabulous. I love the soft feel of the first table with the aquas and the vibe of the second with the coral. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! two for the price of one. Love the coastal blues and corals. How wonderful to have two places to create dining areas Thaks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both your tables are gorgeous! I particularly love the one with all the orange... But those napkins with the turquoise coral motif on them are gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the coral theme you used ~ just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tables are fabulous! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your patio and table are beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tables are so beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. You are one of the features at the Make It Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week's bash! http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2016/08/make-pretty-monday-week-188.html Have a happy rest of the week! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...