Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bold Colored Thanksgiving

I'm posting two different Thanksgiving tables.  The first post was all white and gold and very restrained.  This one is anything but.  It uses fall colors to the max.  I'm torn between the two.


Just six of us for dinner.  It gives more room to "fluff with stuff"! 

This has some formal aspects, and some things are more casual.

I started with this cotton damask tablecloth that I've had for years. 


Then I used a fall wreath in place of a charger.  This photo makes this one look a bit warped, but it was just the angle I used.

Next, I used Lenox cream plates with a fine gold border, and some vintage Bavarian salad plates.  Each plate features a different fruit.

These napkins are also vintage, and the napkin ring is antique carved bone.

The flatware is my mis-matched collection of silverplate.  I look for the basic shape of the pattern, but nothing really matches.  I have a cream soup spoon here for the pumpkin soup.

I found these antique antler handled knives several years ago.  I think they are really fruit knives, but I am using them for butter knives here.

These large stems are etched with grapes.  I use them for water glasses since they are so large.  The white wine glasses are Waterford's Lismore pattern.

Here's the dessert fork and the placecard.  I wish I had saved the wrappings from them.  I don't see any print about who makes them.  I usually like to have handmade placecards, but I thought these had the perfect colors for this table.

I serve the soup course in these fun little pumpkin bowls.  They don't have any markings on them.  I got them at an estate sale many years ago.

This brown paper doily is made by Wilton and I probably got it at Michael's, or maybe the grocery store.

This centerpiece was fun to pull together.  It uses no fresh flowers.  The set of three glittered pumpkins and all of the rest of the items are from a floral wholesaler.

Look who is hiding in the flowers.  I love his brown velvet britches. 

And, of course, I made room for acorns!!! 


There sure is a lot of color on this table.  Sort of fall on steroids, maybe.  What do you think?  Too much?

The sideboard has the turkeys that I painted gold and copper.  They were really ugly, harsh colors when I bought them.  Look for them to show up on Metamorphosis Monday.

Between Naps on the Porch has a wonderful blog party that I'm participating in this week.  Thank you to Susan for this weekly treat of Tablescape Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. I love your silver, acorns and especially the bone napkin rings. Just lovely. If it's the place cards you have no info on, I have some like them - B. Shackman & Co NY, NY. I think I see print on the back of one pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the great color and texture! This is a fun table-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this table is pretty, too! I really love those wonderful salad plates with the fruit pattern! The fall wreath-as-charger is a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything is perfect! and beautiful! as always. You have a knack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanksgiving is all about abundance. I don't think you can EVER go too overboard with the stuff on the table! I've looked at both your settings, and it's hard to vote. They're both so pretty! I'm doing 2 tables this year in 2 different rooms, one in white & gold and the other in traditional fall colors. I understand you're only having 6 for dinner (don't I wish!!!), so I guess you can't do both. Do this one. No...the other one. No...this one! I don't know...tough decision. Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this table. I love the wreaths as chargers, the tablecloth, the plates, the glasses.. It's very thanksgivings...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful table! I like the wreaths used as chargers. I bought some heart shaped ones last year after season to use this year at Valentines. Hope mine work out as well as yours did.
    Happy Turkey Day! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...