Search This Blog

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Trash to Treasures Turkeys

I really wanted some gold turkeys for our Thanksgiving table this year.  I looked several places and when I didn't find them, I bought two multi-colored ones at Michael's.  Then I also bought some gold metallic paint and some copper metallic paint.


Here's the beginning of the transformation from cheap to chic!

A look at the gold paint as it dries.

A bit later, I added copper paint with an almost dry brush.  It settled into the cracks and crevices and made the details stand out.

Isn't he much more handsome?

And here's his debut on the Thanksgiving table.  Don't you agree that they just HAD to be gold?


I'm posting at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.  Take a minute to visit for great inspiration.


 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I like the way yours turned out with the copper paint on them! Very pretty. They look great this way. Very nice makeover! Thanks for stopping by.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these look terrific gold. Looks like we are both into "golden" turkeys this season. I hope to use mine soon. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always do cool stuff. If you've ever worked with gold leafing (the real thing) it might look spectacular with just a light brushing here and there of the gold leaf. I've done it on several items that I've covered with gold paint. It gives a heightened dimension because of the shine. (you know what I mean).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your turkeys look just wonderful! I too love toile and I try to have some in every room of the house. I'm your newest follower! Have a lovely day and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the gold turkeys! Wow, what an update to them. You could use them anywhere in the house during this season! So pretty. Next time I run across turkeys similar to this...I will know what to do with them!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...