Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Red Rooster and Eggs For Breakfast


Easy, non-fussy tablescapes are a must for breakfast.  This one doesn't even have flowers.

I put this one together on the drop-leaf table in the bar of our house.  It has a French feeling with the heavy linen and roosters. 

This combination of red and camel is simple and easy to use.

This set of linens is one of my very favorite.  It is a heavy linen fabric that really feels like French ticking.  The napkins are so luxurious and hug.  I used a simple woven napkin ring from World Market with them. 

This flatware is a twisted resin.  I can't remember where they came from, but the color is perfect here.


The bottom plate is from Sear's Country Living Collection.  I was walking through there to get a gift certificate, and I just "happened" to stroll into the homegoods department.  This is the Belgian Rose pattern.

Here's a close-up of the rim.  This photo makes it look a bit grey, but it really was a great match.

The smaller plate, cereal bowl, and coffee mug are from Ballard's.  All the edges are scalloped.  Again, the color in this photo is a bit orange, but they are a deep, tomatoey (is that a word?) red.

The coq plate is also from Sear's Belgian Rose collection.  You can't tell in this picture, but those polka dots you see are camel, which also match the linens.

Here's how the plates stack up.  You can also check out the wonderful texture of the tablecloth.

I love, love, love these Juliska juice glasses.  They are a gift from a dear friend who has exquisite taste.  She is, from time to time, a very welcome guest here.  You'd welcome her, too, with gifts like this, wouldn't you?

Take a good look at these babies!!! 

Pottery Barn had these placecard holders on sale a few weeks ago.  Perfect for this table.

Mr. Red Rooster jumped into my cart at Old Time Pottery.  Or is it Olde Tyme Pottery?  Whatever.  He sure holds court on this table.

I added two dishes of brown and white eggs in place of flowers.  They are in a nest of raffia.  Good colors again!  These dishes are from the floral warehouse, but you could find something similar almost anywhere.  I think you can figure out where to get the eggs!

I also love these small pewter pieces from Pierre Deux.  This sweet cow cream pitcher catches any drips in his own bowl.

And these chickens (or maybe geese) hold salt and pepper so sweetly.  I keep this by my stove top and use it every time I cook.


This is a great room for breakfast.  The sun pours in through the windows and doors, as long as breakfast isn't too early!


A toile chicken.  Love it!

I'm linking up with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday blogparty.  Please go over there and see some dazzling tables.





22 comments:

  1. I love this table! Your frenchie girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little table! Love the pewter pieces. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy table to spend the morning at!
    Cheers!
    Rita @MAY DAYS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your table. Your linens are over the top.. yep going to put them on the list of "must haves." Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love so many of your pieces. The flatware is super. Wish you could remember where you got it! I love the gray plates with the red stitching. And your linens are very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this table. It is so much fun to set a breakfast table as it is so different from dinner settings. Love the Rooster and all the touches make it one of my favs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda, isn't it amazing how easy it is to "wander" into those homegoods areas? :) I know it is always happening to me, too! But you certainly found some goodies there--those dishes are great! I've been eyeing that cow milk pitcher for awhile--she is just so cute. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sears, Oh my, I need to go visit that little place. Love those dishes. Your combination is wonderful. I would love to wake up to that wonderful setting. It was great seeing this, It's wonderful.. love the linens too. Happy Thanksgivings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You caught my attention with your rooster plates. My eye is always drawn to dishes with roosters. I love how casual your breakfast table looks, those place card holders are perfect. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun breakfast table! The rooster and red colours are so cheery. Love that cow creamer and that it has a bowl to catch the drips - that's perfect! The eggs instead of flowers is a unique and interesting addition!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this oh so French table! The ticking runner is perfect with the toile. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a special tablescape for breakfast. I especially love the plate with the cross stitch. My Mom is almost 90 yrs. old and she still loves to cross stitch and embroidery by hand. Love the French look. What a way to begin the day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cheery breakfast table! Those linens are fabulous -- and so versatile, I'm sure! I know you were thrilled to find the pretty dishes that echo the linen-and-red coloring -- they look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the color combination. Red is such a happy color. I wish I could find the red rooster plate. I have some really unique roosters. Fun all came from thrift shops. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great looking table...I would certainly enjoy a meal with that wonderful place setting!
    The linens are so pretty!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness! This is so pretty! I LOVE your linens!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving your roo table! I really have fallen in love with the Country Living line at Sears/Kmart! Some very lovely dishes.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry, I hit post too soon! I HAVE to comment on those table linens....GORGEOUS!! I want some :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sears...who knew....I haven't been in Sears in years, and it's obviously been way too long. This is a wonderful tablescape! Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cheerful breakfast table -- love hyour pretty bright breakfast room. And your dishes are charming.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda! Hi!!! I am REALLY late getting around to the ol' computer to check in on my TT buddies! We had close to 30 for dinner when I only expected about 20. Our kids invited friends of theirs who in turn invited THEIR significant others...so we ended up with quite a few more than expected! No worries. We had more than enough food and most of the men were content to head to the lower level to set up on TV trays and at the bar since I had only enough space upstairs for 20. Everything worked out! Now...your table is GORGEOUS with the camel & red! So you "just happened" to stroll into the home section and find those incredible service plates??? They remind me of a classic suit. I just want to snuggle up to them! And you KNOW I'm lovin' the rooster plates!!! The whole combination is just perfect! The Juliska glasses are SO pretty with that fabulous stem. Will your friend be MY friend, too? :-) Those are really pretty! I hang out at Old Time Pottery, too. I was in the other day and all the "amateur" shoppers were already out scouting around for Christmas. I guess I can't go back until January. :-( Many of them don't understand "professional shopping" rules, so I just let them have at it until after the holidays! You had a lot of great pieces on the table including the goose/chicken salt cellars. TOO cool! I love pewter, but have so little of it. Your salt cellar and cow creamer are fabulous! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and aren't too pooped out. Talk to you soon!!! Oh, and thanks so much for stopping by my place! You are really a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...