Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Brown, Green, and a Pheasant

We are expecting guests this weekend, so I set the table today, since I have plans the rest of the week.  I'm  loving the way the items came together for this semi-casual table.  The lime green and brown polyester silk runner is from the floral wholesaler, and it comes quite a bit wider than most runners.  These seem to be my go-to colors since we moved into this house.  It's a bit rustic, a bit woodsy, and still a tiny bit refined.

These plates make my little heart sing!!!!  My dearest friend from Charleston gave me these when we moved into this house.  You know me.......they're toile.......they're lime green and brown.  How I love them!  I have two set and each set has four different scenes.  I photographed this in the evening with the lights on, so I'm afraid that I'll have a bit of glare.

I also love these chargers.  They look like birds-eye maple and give a nice bit of pattern without overwhelming the toile.

Then these dark brown linen napkins with faggoting, a tortoise shell patterened napkin ring, and a bit of green hypernicum make the napkin work with this dark wooden handled flatware.

A green wine glass and an amber water glass continue the color scheme.

Can you see the etching on this?  It is from the Bobby Flay line from Kohl's.

Phil the Pheasant was the obvious choice for the centerpiece.  He's cast resin and I use him a lot.

I set him in this wonderful wreath I found at the floral wholesaler.  It is gold, green, copper, and brown.  It really makes this table sing.

See?  

These old barley twist candlesticks are work horses around our house, too.

I wasn't going to add flowers, but at Kroger this morning, I found one bunch of these Kermit mums.  I had already purchased the hypernicum berries.  I thought these tall, birch bark covered pots would look good with the similar votives.   

Here's the way the flowers turned out.  I s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d that one little bunch of mums.

Phil's black forest friend joined the table to serve the sugar for coffee.  I'll just use clear glass for cream and sugar.

I've had these chocolate brown plates from Target for years, and I pulled out this old antler-handled server for our pecan pie.

I expect this to be a cozy evening where we sit at the table for hours.

I left this woodland scene under this cloche on the chest.

Another corner holds this chalk and cement piece with a white pumpkin.

And I left the sideboard with our white and green vegetable vignette.  
Sorry, the color is very washed out in this photo.

This is better.  
Now, I'll cook on Friday and look forward to a relaxed, fun evening with special friends.  More to be thankful about!



Joining:
Tabletop Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Open House Thursday

Tablescape Thursday

Inspiration Friday

Feathered Nest Friday

Fridays Unfold

Seasonal Sundays

Let's Dish

Tutorials and Tips


12 comments:

  1. Fun to see Phil again. What a great piece! The toile plates are some of my favorites. They really make a statement. This is a gorgeous fall table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could just steal those plates right out from under you! GORGEOUS!!! I think the shape really adds to the glamour of them. You chose the perfect charger to go with them! Those napkin rings are just heavenly!!! What a beautiful wreath for Phil to hang out in, too. I love the soft shimmer. You did a good job of stretching those flowers out, girl! I find myself doing the same thing! The citrusy greens look great in those bark vases. I bought some bark-covered vases this year, and I just love them! They're woodsy yet sophisticated. They're something that I don't think will go out of style, either, because they're a natural medium. Wonderful table, Linda! Enjoy your weekend with friends, and in case I don't get to talk to you again before Thanksgiving, have a good one!!!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi! Just saw your link over at Karen's :) So glad she led me to your pretty blog. Gorgeous table setting here and those plates are perfect. I've seen SO much Spode Woodland and it's fun to see something different. Love what you are doing with all the flowers and your glasses are perfect. I'll look forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda,
    What a beautiful table setting. I love every little detail. The toile plates are swoon-worthy! I like your pheasant, "Phil". I have my pheasant, "Redfern" on our table throughout the fall months. I love the green mums and hypernicum, even after the berries have turned rust colored.
    Your guests are in for a special evening, hope you enjoy.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phil looks like a pleased pheasant surrounded by much beauty!! I love the birch vases. You really set off those gorgeous plates nicely. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the toile plates. I too love the green and brown together. what is the manufacturer?

    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescape is so unique with the green and brown hues. The runner is beautiful with your toile salads and the scene on this example is so lovely. Your mums are the perfect accent. Have fun with your friends!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those plates, Your table is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those plates are just gorgeous..beautiful table! Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is so beautiful and your runner is so nice too. Now those toile green plates are gorgeous! I've never seen anything like them. Your sideboard is pretty with your display.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those plates! They are so perfect with the rest of your table. LOVELY

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your home looks so festive for Thanksgiving. Love all the special touches on your beautiful table. Hope you enjoy the day with family and friends.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...