Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2012

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble


Thanksgiving Veggie Tray!
Pintrest
I thought I'd show you what I took to a dinner party Saturday night.  Since it was the weekend after Thanksgiving, and I thought everyone might be looking for a fresh, lo-cal nibble, I fixed this guy.  In full disclosure, this is not a photo of my dish, as I forgot to snap before I had it in the car.  This photo is from Pintrest, but, I'm not kidding, mine looked exactly like this one!!  And I have to say that even though they were all adults, I think the guests got a giggle out of it.  Cute as it was, it couldn't hold a candle to the rest of the truly delicious meal we were treated to!
To accompany it, I made this dip that has been a family favorite for a long time.  Do NOT be afraid of the anchovies in it.  I promise you, that if you don't mention them, nobody will be frightened off.  BTW, this keeps for several days.  Enjoy!



Lemon-Anchovy Dipping Sauce

(You’ll never know there are anchovies in this!  Even those who think they hate them will love it!)

2 egg yolks
3-4 T. Dijon Mustard
2” squirt of anchovy paste(from metal tube)
Juice of 1 lemon
1 shallot
Capers to taste
1 c. (or less) vegetable oil
¼ c. sour cream
Salt and pepper

Combine 1st 6 ingredients in food processor.

With machine running, add oil a little at
a time until thick and creamy.  You may
not need all of the oil.  Stir in sour cream and
seasonings.  Garnish with a lemon twist and
a couple of capers.

Great with pea pods, sugar snap peas, peppers, squash, tiny corn ears, green beans, or any vegetable.

I use the left over sauce as a mayonnaise on a sandwich, or thin it a bit for a salad dressing.

It will be a late entry, but I'm joining:
 Yvonne at Stonegable for On The Menu Monday:  http://www.stonegableblog.com/2012/11/on-menu-monday-week-of-nov-26-2012.html




2 comments:

  1. Linda,
    What a clever and fun veggie platter. This is one for the season. Great idea.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet everyone gobbled that turkey up :) Might be a good idea to get my kids to eat veggies! Your dip sounds delish. I use anchovy paste in my caesar salad dressing, and it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...