Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Lunch 2012

I started the fall season with a screaming, bright, glittered tablescape here, so I decided to end it with this pale, natural colored table for our Thanksgiving.  After tomorrow, these flowers and pumpkins will be thrown into the woods, so believe me, they are living on borrowed time.  Especially the mums.  They have seen some good times, but they're about spent.

Since there are only the two of us, I decided to change it up a bit and set the table in the bar at our drop leaf table.

This is pale and cool and serene.

I added these turkeys that I gilded a couple of years ago.  I did a post on how I did it here.  And you can see how I used them on a much more formal Thanksgiving table here.  I kinda like how the gold mixed with all of this earthy stuff.

I used three candlesticks on each end.  The wooden ones hold these great birch patterned candles from World Market.

These feed my faux bois addiction, so I bought a bunch of them.

Don't you love the little squirrels on the small candlesticks?  I used them first on this table with a great squirrel centerpiece. 

Here's the placesetting.

It was when I spotted these turkey napkin rings at World Market that I decided to do this table.  Aren't they precious?

The little squirrel salt and peppers made another appearance. 

The quilted placemats are souvenirs from France.  Love. Love. Love.

I chose this light colored wooden handled flatware.  It was carried by Kmart in the Martha Stewart line years ago, and I used this cream, acorn patterned plate from Crate and Barrel. If anyone has a couple of these and you would like to sell them, I'd love to replace the ones I broke.  Seriously! 

As I was photographing this, I decided to add this wooden bowl to be used as a bread and butter dish.  You'll see them in some pictures and not in some.  Same way with the orange pillows.  Now you see them, now you don't.

Pay no attention to the empty picture hook above the pampas grass! 

Almost ready for coffee or tea.

Over the table hangs these French shelves.  The fall dessert dishes that I had up here were too busy to go with this table, so I replaced them with these bittersweet colored pheasant dishes.

I swore to myself last year that I would buy no more fall dishes, but I caved when I saw these at Z Gallerie.  I love the table I set last year with these.

I wonder how many Thanksgivings this guy has seen.  He's an antique German paper mache turkey that I've had for years and years.  Martha Stewart has these, too.  Just saying.
Although it will be just Mr. Pressed Pants and me for dinner this year, my heart is filled to overflowing with gratitude for all of my blessings.  I hope you day is filled with smiles and hugs and laughter.

Joining:
Tabletop Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Open House Thursday

Tablescape Thursday

Inspiration Friday

Feathered Nest Friday

Fridays Unfold

Seasonal Sundays

Let's Dish








12 comments:

  1. So many things to love here, but my eye kept carrying me back to those elegant and earthy French placemats. Drooling now. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Happy thanksgiving! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is so pretty and I love your soften colored pumpkins. Everything looks wonderful. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table setting is beautiful. I know you will enjoy sitting down to dinner with such elegant surroundings. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper mache turkey! My mother has one and he has been with her forever too. I can definitely see why you had to have the pheasant dishes! Our pumpkins go into the woods Friday, although this year they are already half eaten. I don't paint my pumpkins because we give them to the wildlife. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your special someone. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your gilded turkey among all your earthy things. The table for two looks so pretty. Happy thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table for two looks lovely! I hope you and Mr P. P. have a lovely day. Yes, we have much to be thankful for!
    Happy Tgiving and thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I said I wasn't going to buy any more pumpkins, fall dishes or glasses either but... Your are just gorgeous. Your table is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "...pale, cool and serene." Yup! That's exactly how I would describe it, too!!! Beautiful! Seems like a lot of people are having a more intimate Thanksgiving dinner this year. It's a nice change. Love the Z Gallerie plates. I bought them in the brown color a couple of years ago and have never used them...yet. I don't know what the heck I'm waiting for! :-) The napkin rings...SO cool! I love those!!! You and Martha Stewart have a lot going on together!!! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, and that the weekend is a blast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have had a great one.

    I am lollygagging on the kitchen sofa catching up -- full to popping at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the soft look of your tablescape! What a nice way to end the "Pumpkin" season before we once again pick up color for the Christmas holidays. I'm in love with that teapot! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tablescape is beautiful and I am in love with the antique plate rack. I hope you will check out the Open House party this week where this post will be featured. hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just catching up on some blog reading! I love the softness of the color pallet on this Thanksgiving table. My two favorite things are the wood handled flatware and those detailed placemats! It all looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...