Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

You Just Never Know!!!!

You are probably wondering what THIS......

and THIS have in common.  Me too!  Well....here's what the world of blogging brought into my life last week.

The subject line in my email inbox read "Wall Street Journal: Request for an Interview".  THAT sounded fishy!  Or it had to be intended for Mr. Pressed Pants, since he is the finance guru.  Imagine my surprise when I opened it and read that a Wall Street Journal staff reporter wanted to interview me about IRONING!   I quickly forwarded it to my husband to see if he thought it was a hoax.  I also googled the reporter, and behold!  He was legit!

It was from Ray Smith, a staff reporter, and he had read this post about ironing while I was waiting for the appliance repairman.  Oh, I know!  What are the chances???????

Well, Ray (we're on a first name basis now) was writing an article about how companies are modifying their appointment policy because consumers are growing more and more intolerant of vague wait times and appointments. He saw my 50 napkins, 5 tablecloths, 4 tea towels and a hand towel and determined that I knew something about waiting!!!!!!!!
If you care to read the article, you can find it here. 
It was a surreal experience, I tell you.  Thank you, Ray!  You've given my family and friends quite a laugh!
I never saw this coming!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments:

  1. How fun! I enjoyed reading the WSJ piece -- but I love that your post on ironing was what led to it! While I don't love ironing, I do think it's a very satisfying task -- and one the younger generation knows little about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!

    Now you set 'em straight and let them know that we deserve a set time when they are coming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...