Search This Blog

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tom Turkey and Me

It seems that I'm being stalked!!!!  There is a peeping Tom at my house!!!!  I have a creepy new friend!!!!!

Last Monday morning,  I heard a knocking at the entry door into our terrace level.  An insistant, constant knocking.  As I was still in my jammies, I crept down the stairs, trying to figure out what the noise was.  This is what I found.......a tom turkey with his feathers all fanned out.  Isn't he a beauty?  He was hitting the glass with his bill.....over and over and over.

Then on Tuesday, he was back.....same thing.....banging on the door with his head.  Same time of the morning, too.

And Wednesday. 

And Thursday.

And Friday.

And HELLO!  He was back today!  How freaky is this????  What do you think he wants????  Any ideas?  I told him that I have enough turkeys for friends, but he won't go away.

4 comments:

  1. How cute! My sister in law had the same thing happen with a goose one summer. It came back day after day. I think it would be surreal to see a turkey at the door each morning. Maybe he wants to live with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is hilarious! Maybe he thinks you have food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he's convinced his girlfriend is being held hostage! :D How cute is this? Debra over at Acquired Objects had a Tom strutting his stuff in her front yard. I'd love to have wildlife like that in our area.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably sees his reflection and thinks it is another Tom in his territory. Can't have another Tom impinging on his harem.

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...