Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The Table is Set!

This is the way our dining room table has looked for a couple of weeks now.  You can see my gilded turkeys on the buffet and these paper mache vegetables are gathered cornucopia-style down the middle of the table.

Can you spot the real vs the paper mache in this picture?

or this?

or this?

New, this year, is this embroidered runner from Pottery Barn.  I should have taken a picture of the Soumak rug in the dining room to show how well this runner works with it.  (Sometime the silliest things can make me so happy!)

These Thanksgiving plates relate so well to the colors, that they became the star of the table setting.

Nothing bold or bright, just neutral, autumnal colors here.

The tan charger is from Z Gallerie and the acorn embossed dinner plate is from Crate and Barrel several years ago.  I broke one, so if anybody has one or two they would like to sell, I'd really love to replace it.

This barley twist flatware is my most used, next to our everyday stainless.
 
Since our meal is casual and informal this year, I used this tortoise patterned glass for water, and a raffia wrapped one for wine. 

The napkin I chose is not nearly as bright as it photographed here. Really.  And it doesn't need to be ironed as badly as it appears here.  It really is a pretty bittersweet.  On it, I placed a wishbone ornament with the cut hanger off.  I meant to spray these gold, but I ran out of time.  Maybe next year!

I ordered a dozen of these from Oriental Trading. 

We'll eat a quick meal on these tomorrow, go to the USO, and then we're eating a proper Thanksgiving meal late with friends.  No matter what the plans, Tom Turkey is the star, isn't he?
 
Joining:
 
Let's Dish
at

4 comments:

  1. I really like that runner. The colors are so beautiful. Your flatware looks very versatile. I love the texture of it. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I love the abundant feel of you centerpiece, and the stack of dishes is so pretty! Love your "rim shot"! The acorn pattern on the C&B plates is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not find a singlel lovely pumpkin left by me to set the table, this table is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I love those wishbones, what a great idea. I will try to remember for next year, we didn't celebrate this year. I bought those turkey plates last year, and never got to use them. Remind me next Nov.! :)
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...