Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

Blue and White Hydrangeas with Asiatic Pheasant


Jennifer at the Pink Pagoda is having another Blue and White Party!  Be sure to visit and enjoy the many faces of Blue and White.
This is a post I did last summer with some beautiful, old Asiatic Pheasant dishes.  Boy, that summer foliage and those flowers sure look good!  I'm sooooo ready for that.

I've been thinking about having a small breakfast for some friends while the hydrangeas are blooming.  So, when I walked in the cutting garden last night, I was sad to see that there were only a handful of blue blooms still fresh.  There are lots of white ones, though.

I picked a small handful this morning and put this tray together.  Since I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days and then out of town for a while, this "breakfast" is pretend, and, alas, there are no friends coming to share it.

I put it on the stone area we like to use as a buffet out on the terrace.  There are no candles in this old candelabra, as they would melt as fast as I put them out.  When it cools down in the fall, I'll insert some tapers. 

The colors of the hydrangeas called for this pattern that I love called Asiatic Pheasant.  Actually, I love a lot of blue and white dishes, but these are high on the list, for sure.

I used this old embroidered napkin and the matching placemat.  I did a post this winter with these dishes and these linens when my mom was visiting.  You can see it here.

My favorite mis-matched silverplate was the flatware of choice.

And I used this mother-of-pearl handled knife.  This little fluted dish has butter in it and I pressed a tiny hydrangea blossem into it.  I had to photograph fast before this butter melted in the heat!

This simple footed glass brought a bit more blue to the tray.

Here's the tray.  It's beautiful and graceful, but, boy is it heavy!  I wish it could talk and tell about some of the entertaining it has seen in it's days.

Just a simple tray that celebrates the colors of summer.

I think he was happy for the company!

Posting at:

Wow Us Wednesday

11 comments:

  1. ahh...you make this predicted hot day have a breath of fresh air...looks like a Victoria magazine cover! so pretty, glad you did it for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so perfect and so pretty!
    I love your blue and white, magazine pic ready!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could join you. I love white hydrangea and your setting, the silver and Asiatic Pheasant is stunning. So pretty.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful setting. The hydrangea and the Asiatic Pheasant are perfectly paired. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE anything blue and white so this just speaks to e. My hydrangeas are starting to go from blue to green and it seems VERY early for that. I ahve 10 bushes so AOT of blooms and plan to do a dinner table in blue and white SOON. Love your tray, I wish it could speak too!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty tablescape. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so pretty. Love the blue and white.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your table! That asiatic pheasant pattern in wonderful - am going to see if i can find it and order a set of 12 for the new house:)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Love every detail. I am sure it was a lovely breakfast with such gorgeous atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love seeing this one again. It's just what I needed on this very cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is all so beautiful! I agree that the hydrangeas and summer foliage looks heavenly. Thank you for linking up to The Bash!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...