Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Ferns Again


Come into the garden with us.  Won't you join us for a glass of wine?  We've had a break in the weather here in Georgia, so I thought we'd dine here tonight.

Just a couple of days ago, I was at the grocery market and I found these fun plastic plates with this fern pattern.  They were in the clearance aisle.  How did I miss them when they were full price?  Well, I'm glad I did, since I got them for $1.50 each!

Here's the dinner plate on a rattan charger.

And here's the salad plate. Aren't they fun?

 I set a similar, fern inspired dinner last summer and featured it here.
It was actually my 100th post.

Here's the way the placesetting looked.

These old standbys were the flatware I chose.

The glassware was nothing at all precious.  The water goblets were some very sturdy ones from Bed Bath and Beyond that I bought when Mr. Pressed Pants was living in a temporary corporate move, and the green glasses were from Ikea and I used them as stemless wines.  You can also see the faux bois salt and pepper set that I use all of the time.

Napkins?  Just cream colored linen with faggoting, gathered into a wicker ring from World Market, with a fresh fern frond tucked in.  I'm strange in that I love to iron napkins, so I use cloth most of the time. Don't hate me......I take LOTS of shortcuts elsewhere.

Our French butter dish was "accessorized" with a butter knife that has a fern frond handle.  I almost forgot that I had this!

And chilled water was served from this amber glass bottle that we brought back from France.

I think I got this vase from Boxwoods several years ago.  The green in the tablecloth was a better match than it shows here.

Not much left in the garden to choose from, but these white hydrangeas have turned almost green, so I started with them.

Then I filled in with several typed of ferns and fronds.  I just love these hairy little things!

We ate before darkness fell, but I did light these votives, mostly to keep the bugs at bay.  I love dining outdoors, but it's not worth West Nile virus!

So here's the way it came together. I keep this wooden table in the potting shed to use any time we want to eat out there.  You can see what else is in the potting shed here.

Very simple and not too much to drag through the paddock, down the driveway, and back into the house. I get it all out there, but  Mr. Pressed Pants helps me return it.

Ok.  We'll have another glass of wine before we clean up!

Joining:

Tabletop Tuesday

Wow Us Wednesday

Open House Thursday

Tablescape Thursday

Inspiration Friday

Feathered Nest Friday



8 comments:

  1. I have been crazy about ferns for a very long time...beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK...so there are a LOT of things I just LOVE on this post. Let's get started....1.) Those are plastic plates??!?!??!! I NEVER would have known had you not mentioned it!!! The designs are SO pretty!!! I like that the salad plate pattern is different from that of the dinner plate. 2.) I have GOT to get my hips over to World Market and get some of those napkin rings! I have square chargers that they would work SO well with that I got from Tuesday Morning. Thanks for the reminder! 3.) I like the way you added a fresh fern to the napkin. It softens it and adds color all at the same time. 4.) TOTALLY digging that fiddlehead fern butter knife! Glad you thought to put it with this 'scape. It's perfect!!! (I had NO idea that fiddlehead ferns could be eaten until I Googled them one day!!!) 5.) LOVE the bark votives!!! 6.) Thrilled to pieces to know that I'm not the only one who obsesses over napkins and insists that they be ironed to perfection! They're MUCH easier to iron than tablecloths, so I don't mind at all! 7.) The fact that we'll have another glass of wine before cleaning up. That's the best part of all! :-) Very pretty, Linda! Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiufl table in a glorious setting. I hope that Autumn brings you a multitude of al fresco opportunities. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all the greens. It's soothing. Kind of calmed me down just looking at it.
    I'm going to take a trip through your shed now.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda~ I love your beautiful outdoor setting among the ferns! Your other fern inspired tablesetting is a favorite of mine! I love the fiddleheads climbing the side of your vase~ if I get back to Atlanta anytime soon, I need a trip to Boxwoods! Enjoy you Happy Labor Day weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

  6. such a beautiful out door arrangement.i like your garden view so much.very relaxing.vase and the bottle looks cute.fern on the napkin looks pretty.thank you for your share.very beautiful post indeed.:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of the fern touches. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays. Looking forward to having you with me this Sunday.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love the greens, very refreshing. Thanks for linking to Let's Dish. Please add me to the list above, thanks~

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...