Search This Blog

Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Bar Area for the Plaid Luncheon

Yesterday, I posted about a luncheon I had for my bridge group.  You can see that post here.  Those ladies are a delight to entertain, and I always try to give them something a little different.  Since that post became a little long, I thought I'd save the bar/cabana area that held our drinks and appetizers.  This is the "behind the bar" area.  I repeated the themes of Christmas plaid and stags.

These wonderful napkins were a gift from my daughter's mother-in-law and my dear friend.  Not only are they beautiful and sophisticated, but they are a wonderful quality. I think she brought them to me from England.  Thanks, Ann!

I rimmed these high-ball glasses with green sugar.  Love this etching!  They held our Christmas Kiss cocktail.

The ice maker is always busy and this stag handled scoop is another gift from a friend who knows me well.  You can see the ultrasuede and velvet runner that matches the bridge tablecloth in the breakfast room.

This room never photographs very well, due to the black granite backsplash and the reflection from the undercounter lights.  

I bought a pair of Santa-themed watercolors many years ago.  I just googled the artist, Harriet Elson, and found that she is now deceased.  I know that when we lived in Chagrin Falls, Ohio, that she was a local artist who showed in many of the top juried art shows.

Here's the other one of the pair.  

Another gift to us is this book on mixology.  Since our last name is Peterson, it always has a place of honor this time of year.

Bar towels are always a fun way to add interest to the area.  We use these all year around.

Old canvas Santas and Nikko Christmas tree plates fill the antique wood shelves in this room. 

You'll often find this resin pheasant as part of our decor and this is the season when he especially shines.  

Don't know why this looks like the floor is tilting, but you'll see one of the most precious parts of our Christmas decor.  They are painted Santas that my  Daddy cut out and my Mom painted. This room has doors to the pool, so those are rolled up beach towels and chair cushions in this cabinet.    

A  few deer join the tableau.

And this cloche full of real and glass pine cones also joins the party.  I used it for the centerpiece of a lovely luncheon for this same group.  You can see it here, and there is a tutorial I did on how to make it here. 

oining:

Tablescape Thursday
at

Centerpiece Wednesday
at

Show and Tell Friday
at

The Scoop
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Table It
at

Home Sweet Home
at

Sheltered Nest Friday
at

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Make It Pretty Monday
at

Fridays Unfold
at

Let's Dish
at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...