Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Orang Tulip Table

I have discovered that when you are asking someone to serve on a committee, that the best thing to do is to ask over a meal.  Today, I am not just asking to fill a committee position, but to fill a board position.  In my book that means not a restaurant meal, but a meal in our home.  Wouldn't you feel you had to say yes?

So today's inspiration was these square floral plates.  I found them at Homegoods and I thought that they just said "spring".  I think I am going to wish I had bought more than four.  I tried several different tablecloths, but this crisp white hotel linen looked so fresh that I went with it.  Then I narrowed the entire palate to orange and apple green. 

What flowers could I use but orange tulips with this plate?

Then I put them in this little square pot from the floral wholesaler.  The birds seemed perfect for a spring table, too.

As you can see by these photos, the vibrant colors went well with our area striped area rug and apple green checked draperies.

I have about a dozen of these square bread and butter plates.  I think they were from Homegoods, too, last summer.  I sometimes use round and square plates together, but I think I really prefer to keep similar shapes together.

Bright green napkins are held with a simple white wicker napkin ring.  I chose my mismatched silverplate......


and mother of pearl handled knives.

These green water glasses are from Swoosie's and the wine glasses are from Tiffany's.  (I thought wine might make her more likely to agree to the position.)


I served individual quiches from this serving dish since it had the same colors and echoed the butterflies on the plates.

Orange/pineapple sorbet was perfect in this flower dish from Michael's on these orange square plates.

And she said yes!!!!!!!

I'm linking with Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for her Tablescape Thursday blog party.  Be sure to check it out each week for great inspiration.



Also find me linked to three more fun blog parties:

Sunday Favorites at Happy to Design

Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper

Favorite Things Saturday at Bargain Hunting and Chatting with Laurie 






16 comments:

  1. LInda, how could she turn you down sitting at this lovely table? Glad she said "yes". I like the orange and apple green color combo. It's fresh and spunky! Beautiful plates! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bright table sure cheered me up on yet another dark rainy day. Love the orange and apple green, it is a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this table is simply stunning! I love the elegance of this color scheme, and the tulips were indeed a must! I'm sure I'd have to say yes to any request after enjoying a meal at this table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady. Your Tablescape is so elegance using the colors orange and apple green~~ and it makes me also Happy. I hope you come over and see my new Tablescape sweet lady.
    Im one of your follower for a long time.I did see you on my sidebar you had post. I hope you have a Great week.
    xxoo
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like to serve on boards, but I would have said yes if you would let me have those dishes!!! :-) Man, those are COOL!!! They are really, really pretty!!! It looks kind of retro but not. Kind of traditional, but not. I love it!!! Gorgeous color on the napkins, too!!! Great choice on the quiche service, too! Glad she said yes, but still....I want those dishes!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alycia --
    We could start our own board. Our meeting can be at Homegoods and our fundraising could be for acquiring dishes. Our environmental committee could promote recycling (using antiques, that is!) and all new members can come for lunch! You get to be president!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely table. Who would not be swayed to say yes in such a beautiful setting. Your new plates are lovely and really work well with what you had. Great table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, of course she said yes! She figured out that she would be privy to more of your marvelous eye for design. Beautiful work...so well done. Thank you for sharing your amazing design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the orange and white.
    And what a delightfully sneaky and sweet way to get someone to say yes!I would say yes, too!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great table! I love the colors and fun plates, the tulips are perfect:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful floral dishes! I like how you brought out the orange and green with the other pieces and the tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty table! After you feed them and serve them on a pretty table how can they say no? I like to negotiate deals for our community right at my table, lots of good food puts them in a giving mood!
    Those plates are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love those square floral plates and that beautiful butterfly serving dish! Nope! I don't think anybody could turn you down while sitting at this lovely table and enjoying your wonderful menu. Thank you for linking to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this table. I'm not an orange fan, but I so love this table!!! It's bright and vibrant and so much fun. Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely tablescape. I can hardly wait for the Home Goods store near me to open. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will show this to Owen tomorrow, his favorites, orange and green!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...