Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Organza and Azaleas

If you've seen anything about the PGA Masters' Tournament held this past weekend, you know that Georgia azaleas are at their peak right now.  That inspired my table for this week.  I've always loved pink flowers with this organza and pique embroidered tablecloth, so this turned out very springy and pretty.

Soft pink and bright shades of green showed up so well on this white cloth.

Isn't this pretty?  It is so sheer that I just put a white cloth underneath it.

This is the edge with white pique and embroidery.

Here's the other inspiration for the table.  It's a handmade box that my dear friend just gave me.  It is so special and I'll treasure it for a very long time. 

Here's the stack of dishes.  It is topped with a pink cabbage leaf plate from Portugal.....

on top of a green salad plate from Target.....

placed on a white wicker patterned plate also from Portugal.


The pink stem is antique cranberry glass and the cut glass is Waterford Lismore.

The napkins are bright green linen ones from Homegoods under pique and organza ones that are the reverse of the tablecloth, but with the same embroidery.

The lucite napkin rings are also a gift and are very unusual, in that they hold a small resevoir of water so that you can add a flower or two.

Here's the resevoir on the right.

An azalea blossem and a native azalea bloom just fit and made a nice statement.

These were also the blooms I used in the centerpiece.  I filled a glass cylinder with pastel M & M's and  topped it with a glass plate holding a block of oasis. 

Our back yard is filled with these flowers.  We have probably a hundred regular shrubs and five or six native azalea trees.  I don't know the name of these double pink ones, but they are my favorite. 

This green plastic handled flatware is from World Market and looks like some very expensive French imported flatware.

These hand molded votives always add such hit of color.  I have them many places in our house.

Then for richness, I added old wooden candlesticks with these apple green Root candles.

Here's the sweet box opened with a bit of grass inside.  I can't decide what the bunnies are made of.  Some sort of molded or felted fiber.

Here's the artist's signature on the bottom.  I haven't had time to research her, but I'm pretty sure that she's from Michigan, or at least that's where Barb bought it.

These little flowers on the back are leather!

"Une Grande Fete".....how appropriate!!!
It's always a grand fete when Barb comes to visit!
Thanks again!!!!!!

To see more inspired tablescapes, be sure to log on to:
http:/betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
for Susan's Tablescape Thursday  blog party!

18 comments:

  1. OK, Linda....is Portugal paying you a stipend to promote their beautiful products! :-) Those chargers are stupendous! So are the cabbage leaf salad plates!!!!! They are both very unusual which makes them that much prettier! Gorgeous table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your sweet table! Pink and green are so perfect for your tablecloth. Which is killer cute!!! A lovely box made by your friend. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our azaleas are about to bloom here in Upstate New York and I can't wait! Love the cabbage leaf salad plates. Beautiful table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table...the azaleas are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table! Loved the organza..pink and green are so perfect :)

    Sanghamitra.
    http;//rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty table cloth and the cabbage leaf shaped plates are so beautiful!!! I love the idea of your napkin rings.. so clever!! Those are the most amazing napkin rings I have ever seen.. have to find out if they sell online or here in Pacific region!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweet box is so cute -- I love handmade things. I am still looking for those napkin rings -- another blogger had some a while back that were very similar. I like the idea of being able to put a flesh flower in it.

    Pretty table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning table! That tablecloth is exquisite, and the pink flowers really set it off beautifully! My daughter gave me those same napkin rings for Christmas, and I've had such fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tablecloth is gorgeous. And I love your beautiful dishes. Just lovely! Your napkin rings will be perfect in so many 'scapes.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheer confection...perfect as we approach Easter. The Portuguese pieces are wonderful, and your tablecloth will be a family treasure. Thank you for sharing your beautiful design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful table. I think the pink cabbage plates are my fav. I have lots of green cabbage, and even a bit of purple, but your pink are just outstanding. At first blush the lucite napkin rings don't do it for me - too modern, but your gorgeous blooms hide their resevoir and become an absolute spectacular addition to your table.

    Why don't you bring this beautifu table to Seasonal Sundays?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love this tablescape! That tablecloth is truly inspiring and you added just the right touches. You have Easter, Spring, artistic accents and friendship all rolled into one beautiful tablescape. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I came over from Seasonal Sundays and I'm so glad I did! I am your newest follower! This tablescape is so pretty with very unique touches. Loves them! I especially love those napkin holders -- I've been looking everywhere for those. So happy you posted the box!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This table setting beautiful...love how you layered the dishes with the different colors...beautiful centerpiece too :)
    Happy SS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just lovely! So delicate and feminine! The plates are beautiful together!
    Our azaleas have not bloomed yet here in NY, but in a few weeks they will be gorgeous!
    Here from Seasonal Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful springtime table. So light and fun! Love your special bunny box. Our azaleas are finished here and I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your table is so sweet. I'm presently shopping for white plates and yours are gorgeous. Also love those fun M & M's in the vase. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, this is table full of pastel sweetness is gorgeous. The azaleas have long ago bloomed out here, so enjoy your glorious beauty. Thanks for sharing this darling table and that special little box from your friend.
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...