Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wisteria and Wonderful Friends

Every now and then you have a dinner party that is so much fun that you know you'll remember it forever.  We had such a party Saturday night!  The wisteria was blooming, so it became the theme of the table and I added French zinc as the accents to go with the lavender and cream.

It was a soft look and just right for the occasion.

Each placesetting was simple and pretty.

Here's how the plates stacked up.

I started with "zinc" chargers.  These are really plastic charges from Old Time Pottery spray painted with a primer and then chalkboard paint.  Then using the side of a piece of chalk, just rub it in and wipe off.  I made these for so many people on my Christmas list this year.  I saw the tutorial on someone's blog and I wish I could remember where.  I'd love to give credit where it is due!

This looks like a Ralph Lauren pattern that I have admired, but it is Gibson china from Old Time Pottery.

Then the cabbage leaf dessert plate was added for the "something special".  These are very old and I'd love to have more.  I got them from a dealer at Queen of Hearts Antique Shop in Alpharetta, Georgia.

This French flatware adds more cream to the table.

I stuck a little bit of wisteria into every one's napkin ring.  These wire ones are from Pottery Barn this spring.  These lavender napkins are over stock from a party rental site.

I really have to learn to photograph glassware.  This is a light purple stem from Crate and Barrel and a Reidel stemless wine glass.

Every placesetting had a reproduction of a Victorian velvet bird at the top.  Aren't these wonderful?  They are from the floral wholesaler.

These salt and pepper shakers not only fit the color scheme, but felt like spring to me.

Pierre Deux makes this pewter cream pitcher.  Doesn't he make you smile?

I was going to use this basket for the rolls, but I ended up using it for something else.

This domed plate held the Parmesan crisps.  I found that I had lots of this wire look to put together.

Here's the pedestal I used for the floral arrangement.

Here's the bar set up for drinks.  It was such a beautiful day that we had them out by the pool, even though we were covered by pollen when we came in.

This was the most delicious cocktail that I've made in a very long time.  I'll post about the meal latter this week.  The blackberries made it tie in with the purple theme!!!

This is the dish of garnishes for the drinks.

Here's how I used the wire basket.  I put our monogrammed glasses for drinks in it with the lavender napkin.

These are my most favorite napkins in all of my linen closet.  They are antique ones that my mother found for us with our initials on them.  I've had them for years and they just get more beautiful with use.


Thanks, friends, for the memories!

Be sure to go to
betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
for a great blog party of tablescapes.

11 comments:

  1. I too did some wisteria this week! Ours is about spent, but I managed to snag a few blooms. Your table is so beautifully serene and elegant. I love those velvet birds!! Please drop in for a Mikasa giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty table, love the wisteria. Love the "zinc" chargers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple elegance! This table is truly gorgeous with the white and the wisteria. Your "zinc" chargers are so clever. I love all your "wire" accessories. I've been looking for a wire dome to use here. And there are those darling velvet birds again. ;-)
    Thanks for sharing this delightful evening with all of us. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have long admired that cute cow creamer from PD! I may have to give in and have him join my family. I just picked up those new napkin rings this weekend! Can't wait to use them. Your little salt and peppers are so pretty, and the bar looks beautiful too! The velvet birds add a nice unique touch too. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clearly it must have been a memorable evening. The salt and peppers are darling, but I'm really eyeing the "zinc" chargers. How creative. Love 'em. Can I be on your Christmas list?

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty table. I wish I had some wisteria as I love purple. Your soft purple and white theme is beautiful and restful. I love the cabbage plates and the flatware. So very pretty.
    Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,This is gorgeous. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How clever to make your zinc chargers with chalkboard paint! Your creams & lavender are so lovely together and I love the bits of wisteria tucked in your napkins and in the hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table. I would love to make some chargers like that. Maybe you could do a post on "how to"?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many beautiful things to love here. I could name a long list. Very creative project with the chargers. Does the paint stay on or chip off over time? Of course, I love the Wisteria and white Hydrangeas. Lilac and white! Totally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the subtlety of your colors. You have allowed those beautiful salad plates to shine.

    I had not seen the chargers before. What a cool idea!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...