Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Labor Day 2013

Labor Day was grey and drizzly, but I wanted to start the morning with a small nod to the red, white, and blue.  We were only home for breakfast, so everything had to be quick and simple.
 
Sorry for the glare, but it was so dreary that I had to have the overhead lights on to even see.  I thought I'd use these plastic, Ralph Lauren look-alike plates. 

For this table, roses are too formal, gerberas are too whimsical, but carnations are just right if you mound them closely with no spaces in a pave style.  I used an off-white container and a couple of flags for fast details that made it more holiday-like. 
 
This old quilt top keeps popping up for a red/white/blue event.  Some folks have berated me for using a quilt for a tablecloth, but it is not a precious piece and it easily washes by hand.

A red napkin with a blue willow napkin ring and some red handled flatware makes this come together so easily.

And these small blue goblets were just the ticket for juice.

Just the two of us, rearranging the day because of the rain.
 
 
I'm posting at:
 
Cuisine Kathleen's
 
Between Naps On the Porch's
 
Savvy Southern Style's
 
Open House



11 comments:

  1. Very pretty table and so patriotic. I love your china and the awesome table topper! Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table for two, red, white, and blue, gingham, and a quilt ~ sounds like a sweet beginning to your morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to start my day at a beautiful like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your quilt for your table Linda! Your plates with the spray of flowers and flags are perfect for a holiday breakfast or patriotic picnic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice table. Love the quilt...makes the table look so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all so pretty and I love that quilt!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I think red white and blue is perfect for Labor Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bummer - it should be a law that it can't drizzle on Labor Day! Your red centerpiece adds the cheer that the weather forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those plastic Ralph Lauren look-alike plates. They are perfect for this charming Labor Day setting. And I think the quilt looks great. It gives a lot of personality to this setting. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...