Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2016

Dinner Club in the Fall

A couple of weeks ago, we hosted a group of 12 for a fall dinner party, and here are the flowers I brought home and prepped for arranging.  The roses and sunflowers came from Costco, and the others all came from Trader Joe's.  I was a happy girl when I found all of this and didn't have to make a trip to the floral wholesaler.

This is the container that I chose.  It's French, but I found it while visiting a friend in Indianapolis.

Here's the result.  It's got lots of texture and even though the colors are within a very specific palate, they are varied and vibrant.

And this cachepot!  I can't even!

 
Since eight is the maximum that we can seat comfortably in the dining room, this is the way it came out.  Lots of color and a casual vibe.  Just what I wanted.

Here's the placesetting.

The rattan charger and the napkin rings are from World Market and similar ones are available everywhere.  The Portuguese plates and napkins are from Homegoods.

I like the way this Martha Stewart flatware shows up on this busy tablecloth, which is also from Homegoods.  

These stems are just perfect for fall with leaves and acorns.

I added these for a bit of whimsy.

On the dining room buffet, I piled lots of white and green pumpkins and gourds.  You can see the flowers reflected in the mirror.

I do not understand why I didn't get better pictures of the table for four in the breakfast room, but here's the placesetting.

And here's the way I carried the flowers onto the other table.  This time I used a narrow bark covered vase that saved space.

 
Our fall decorations are some of my favorites.  This tiered server brings everything I love about fall into the bar.

I buy lots and lots of small gourds and use them everywhere.

These French shelves sported neutrals and pops of bright green. 

The powder room gets it's share of  pretty, as well.

This candle from Michael Aram is perfect for this room and this season.  It was a gift from a very dear friend.

These corner shelves holds pumpkins and mums.

A small flower arrangement and some guests towels.......

and this French water bearer sit on the vanity.

Instead of water, she is carrying these teeny little fall fruits.  

These lasted days and days, and we enjoyed them immensely, just as we enjoyed our guests.


Joining:
 Tablescape Thursday 
at

Dishing It and Digging It (Sun.)
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Foodie Friday

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at


Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)


3 COMMENTS:

  1. Everything looks so lovely, especially the heirloom pumpkin!

    ciao!
    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, your table is stunning! The pumpkin bouquet is absolutely gorgeous....so are the candle rings!
    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tablescape and the dishes are gorgeous. Lovely center pieces as well. Thank you for sharing at Dishing it and Digging it link party. It's always fun to see what you have been up too.
    ReplyDelete
Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...





3 comments:

  1. How fun to have people over for dinner. Your tables are amazing. The floral arrangements stunning. Love the French cachepot, just gorgeous. Your dinner plates that are gold and green are beautiful, I have never seen them. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning tables!! The linens, plates and flowers so capture the fall feeling. What a special space you have created. Thanks so much for sharing! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...