Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Back to Gold!


Gold!!!!  It's been in, it's been out, and for sure.....it's back!!!!  Suddenly, it has a contemporary vibe and I particularly like it used with more rustic items.  These beautiful napkin rings from Art of the Table were a gift from a beautiful bride, and I stuck in a feather to bridge the luxe and the informal.

I started gathering up some gold items to make a simple fall table.  Nothing is new, just used in a different way.  

Years ago, when Martha Stewart first made gilding pumpkins popular, I found these canvas placemats with gold leaves.  I was pretty proud of the way my gilded vegetables looked with these linens.

Then I pulled out my trusty gold chargers and used them with these brown,  mottled dinner plates.  The pattern is called "Leopard".

I played with several different sets of flatware and settled on this French cream set.  I have never cared for gold flatware.  Even the contemporary gold that I am seeing now just doesn't float my boat!

I have seen these glasses for sale several different places.  This summer, my close friend in Charleston had them on her dinner table when she entertained us, and I had great glass envy!  By the next weekend, I owned some of my own!  


Phil the Pheasant made his seasonal debut.  This resin bird shows up often on the table, and is always part of our decor.  
Two of my favorite tables I ever posted had him as a centerpiece.  Look here and here.

Isn't he a handsome devil?

He is nestled in this wreath made up of natural, gold, and copper leaves.  

The old wood barley twist candlesticks that I started with were not very exciting, so I replaced them with these gilded ones.  They are heftier and the gold sort of lifts the look up a bit.

I also used gold embossed place cards.

I thought this horn salt and pepper was a good choice for this table.

I'm loving the gold!  It is certainly on trend, but remains too classic to be considered trendy.


Joining:
 Tablescape Thursday 
at

Dishing It and Digging It (Sun.)
at

Inspire Me Monday
at

Share Your Style (Wed.)
at

The Scoop (Mon.)
at

Inspire Me Tuesday
at

Home Sweet Home (Fri.)
at

Feathered Nest Friday
at

Foodie Friday

Wow Us Wednesday
at

Monday Funday

Make It Pretty Monday
at


Amaze Me Mondays

Celebrate It Sunday

Share It One More Time (Sat.)

Share Your Style (Thurs.)
  


5 comments:

  1. I for one am glad gold is back. I really like your acorn touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely Fall tablescape. I love the golden details. The napkin rings, centerpiece and the mottled plate are stunning. Loved your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovley! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply fabulous tablescape. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Dishing It & Digging It. Hope to see you back again this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...