Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Folk Art at Serenbe

I thought I'd share with you some of the folk art that we found at Serenbe.  I've posted about this wonderful spot just thirty minutes from the Atlanta airport.  It's a community that is a leader in land perservation, organic farming, farm-to-table dining concepts, green building standards, and water conservation.  All of this and incredible beauty!  I spent several wonderful days there this week with my bridge group. We had the most relaxing time staying at the Inn which is a grouping of lovely little cottages.  This charming chicken scupture greeted us in the common room.  He made me smile every time I saw him.


Across the room was this colorful piece that made me think of eggs and toast.


The guest service reception area held this great oil of some of the cattle on the grounds.


This isn't really folk art, but part of an old sign.  We found it out in the garden.  I love the paint finish on it.


All throughout the lawns and pastures there were surprises in the form of sculptures or humorous groupings. 


Back in the cottage, this goat held court in the common room.



Adam and Eve are a popular subject for folk art. The sofa table held this grouping in front of the quilt hanging on the wall.


Look!  Polka dot pigs in the kitchen! 


This old piece sits on the top of the refrigerator.  Does anyone know what it is?


And down in the village are some pieces that are waiting for good homes.  These are found at the "Bilt House" shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think of this posting. I treasure your comments and love the feedback.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...